Meter readings not being sent

Level 92
    By the way, the problem is not just Eon. The problem is migration of the old supplier specific SMETS1 meters onto the centralised DCC networks.

Incidentally an entire town a few miles down the road from me had every smart meter suddenly drop off line a couple of weeks back. No 3g coverage any more as EE switched off on Oct 1st and Vodafone followed suit this month. In this instance, the issue is not one of meter migration, but complete loss of any communications infrastructure at all that any of the meters can actually work with. The rest of the networks in the southern half of the UK will likely go the same way, apart from newer SMETS2 meters with mesh-capable or 4g communications.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 6
    @retrotecchie
    I can't remember if we had separate meter readers for gas and electric - it's been a good few years. I thought that because we have gas and elec with same supplier it would make sense (save money etc) if meter reader took both readings at same time. He was literally in and out in less than a minute.
    Last meter readings I sent were end of Sept. I have been told they are looking into my smart meter connection. I just sent the elec reading anyway.
    Last edited by UKMark1203; 15-11-22 at 14:52.
    Level 6
    By the way, the problem is not just Eon. The problem is migration of the old supplier specific SMETS1 meters onto the centralised DCC networks.

Incidentally an entire town a few miles down the road from me had every smart meter suddenly drop off line a couple of weeks back. No 3g coverage any more as EE switched off on Oct 1st and Vodafone followed suit this month. In this instance, the issue is not one of meter migration, but complete loss of any communications infrastructure at all that any of the meters can actually work with. The rest of the networks in the southern half of the UK will likely go the same way, apart from newer SMETS2 meters with mesh-capable or 4g communications.

I just emailed the Energy Ombudsman service to see if they can get involved. I have still heard nothing from customer support (originally reported to them on Oct 31 2022) and just also emailed EON's complaints service at unhappy@eonnext.com
    Level 6
    @retrotecchie

Good news! I am now seeing a "smart" meter reading for both gas and electricity on my meter reading history - one for 18/12/22 and one for 22/12/22. It must be Xmas after all.

I received an e-mail from EON saying that they can get our smart meter readings and going forward they will get the readings on 23rd of each month!!
    Level 92
    @UKMark1203

Joy unabated. They were supposed to have all older meters migrated, that could be migrated, by 31/12/2021. They completely failed so they extended it by another year. Perhaps a finger has been pulled out at last. Well done!