Govt. subsidy NOT being deducted from Direct Debits

Community Manager
    @koyunbaba Anasa here 👋 welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to hear that you've got some concerns about your payments I can assure you that it's been added to all of our customers accounts including yours and will be taken off as and when you make your Direct Debit payments - have a great evening 😊
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣

Level 6
    @koyunbaba Anasa here 👋 welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to hear that you've got some concerns about your payments I can assure you that it's been added to all of our customers accounts including yours and will be taken off as and when you make your Direct Debit payments - have a great evening 😊

Thank you for your reply. But it suggests the credit is to the account and not subtracted from the direct debit. Could you clarify this please. Does taken off mean it will be a lower DD as per your site. I don’t need to know back office procedures, but if my DD is normally £110 will my DD for next 6 months be £44?

that is the heart of my query.

thank you for your time.
    Level 91
    @koyunbaba

This is difficult for you, as whereas we know what is supposed to happen, you daren’t budget for it until you see some evidence that is actually going to happen.

What is supposed to happen is that your monthly DD will be reduced by £66 or £67 for the next six months. This shortfall to your energy account will be paid by the government.

The bottom line is that your energy account will be credited as normal but your bank account will be better off to the tune of £66 or £67 every month for the next six months.

It seems that in your online account your DD amount has not been reduced. We know that online accounts are taking time to update but that doesn’t mean your DD hasn’t actually already been reduced.

There seems no way to be 100% certain everything is going to be as it should be, but that seems to be what Eon Next are telling us.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 13
    Im also wondering how this will work I'm in credit also, I had a bill this morning for the period of September to 3rd oct so I'm thinking it will appear on next month's bill but what happens if you are still in credit? Does it get added to your crefit balance?
    Level 1
    My discount has also not been applied this month even though they confirmed in writing last week that it would be. I’m waiting for a response from them on whatsapp as they have taken my full direct debit amount.
    Level 6
    @Dhouse82 hate to break it to you, but I contacted eon.next on WhatsApp and via email on Monday and am still awaiting a reply.
    Level 91
    @Deviljane666

Section 5.29 of the Government Guidelines states:

"Where a refund or reduction of the full value of the EBSS payment is not possible because the EBSS payment is greater than the amount of the customer’s Direct Debit, a credit should be made to the energy account of an amount equal to the balance between the EBSS payment and the amount reduced or refunded. This could include putting the customer on payment holiday (by reducing the Direct Debit to £0) and crediting the account by the balance of the EBSS amount."

This may not provide an answer to your exact question but it suggests that they could still credit your energy account even though it is already in credit.
    I'm a bit worried about my DD - it was set by call centre to £110.27 - but shows online as '£43.27 from 06/10 - collected on 17th'. Now I don't know because he set it to the (amount - £67) whether the they will collect the £43.27 or nothing at all, if somehow the system thinks the full DD is only £43.27 before the discount. If they collect nothing my account would only get the subsidy of £43.27 - and not the full £67.

Rang them up and got through after about 10 minutes - she says what I see on screen should be the amount minus the £67, and not the full amount. Not convinced they know what they're doing - all I can do is see what happens after they collect it or not!
    Last edited by FPX; 05-10-22 at 11:35.
    Level 4
    @koyunbaba Yep my direct debit was taken on the 3rd October and no rebate added .Tried emailing but couldnt make head nor tale of it