Govt. subsidy NOT being deducted from Direct Debits

Level 4
    @Anasa_EONNext my direct debit was taken on the 3rd October and no sign of any rebate .I am so confused with all of this .Some people seen to be getting the reate but not all ? How will I receive the rebate
    @mac1611
    Same for me mac. My DD was taken for the full amount on 3rd October and no mention of the rebate. I rang them yesterday (in a queue for over an hour), but eventually they answered, and said accounts are still being updated and we'll probably get the first instalments on our next bills. This seems to be happening to a lot of customers, so hopefully they will sort it soon!
    Community Manager
    @mac1611 Anasa here 👋 You should have already received a discount when your Direct Debit was taken but if not this will be done by the end of the week and you'll also be able to see that it has been applied via your online payment history.😊
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣

Level 18
    A big problem with the deduction of £67 from a direct debit is that E.on staff still do not seem to fully understand the system. The various staff looking after What'sapp all seem to saying different things when it comes to this issue. I had a DD shown on my account of £43, (£110.00 less £67), for 1st October which was not claimed and now one of the staff members has the audacity to say there was no DD scheduled on that date.I really wish I had taken a screen shot. A manual DD has been scheduled for 11th October, but no mention of the EBSS deduction of £67. The staff seem oblivious to deductions of the £67 appertaining to direct debits
    Last edited by Johnh1995; 06-10-22 at 09:22.
    My payment too was £110 - but after ringing last week they reduced it to £43 to be collected on 17th to take account of the reduction. I'm also worried that the system will now think the £43 is the full amount and collect nothing at all. I've rang 3 times now and never get a straight answer as to whether DD amount should reflect the full or reduced payment on the online account.
    Level 1
    @koyunbaba Anasa here 👋 welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to hear that you've got some concerns about your payments I can assure you that it's been added to all of our customers accounts including yours and will be taken off as and when you make your Direct Debit payments - have a great evening 😊

my direct debit has been changed to £0 by eon next so I’ve not paid a DD this morning so I’m assuming I’ll just see a credit applied to my account for the £67? Do you know when that will happen?

thanks
    Level 18
    Anasa.quoted , "I am sorry to hear that you've got some concerns about your payments I can assure you that it's been added to all of our customers accounts including yours and will be taken off as and when you make your Direct Debit payments - have a great evening 😊."
    I do hope you are correct. When I spoke to one of your colleagues at E.on he had no idea as to if the £67 would be deducted from my manual DD scheduled for 11th October.
    Level 1
    Just to confuse the issue I spoke to someone after an hour wait and was told that I am now on a payment freeze till March next year because of the £66/£67 rebate.
    However website still shows the monthly Direct Debit of £45 due to be taken on 22nd.
    So in theory (which I do not believe) im going to be having the £66 added and then the difference of £21/£22 being added as a credit.

Just to top the matter eon finally bothered to reply to my whatsapp message from Saturday 1st October with a cut and paste response.
    Fixed Direct Debit customers will receive the rebate automatically, as a deduction to the monthly Direct Debit amount collected. Your direct debit payment for October has not yet been collected but, rest assured, this will be credited on your usual payment date, the 22nd.
    Which now contradicts what call centre told me.

A complaint was sent in on Sunday and has also been ignored. Now the countdown begins to escalate this shambles to ombudsman
    Level 91
    @sandco
    you have allow 8 weeks for then to deal with your complaint- there wil be mass protests if things are not running smoothly. I’ve had no contradictory emails or texts because I know they will get it right eventually. Nor have I felt the need to waste my time contacting customer services. I don’t enjoy banging my head against a brick wall, and that is what many people’s protest seems to indicate.
    it hasn't’ been handled at all well but relax, it will be fixed and there will be a full audit trail of every payment and credit.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    my direct debit has been changed to £0 by eon next so I’ve not paid a DD this morning so I’m assuming I’ll just see a credit applied to my account for the £67? Do you know when that will happen?

thanks

I think there's a good chance they'll credit you with zero because your DD is set to zero. From what I gather DD amount should show full amount and if it's under £67 they'll collect nothing, but credit your account by that amount.

I wish someone at EoN could answer this simple question - 'should the DD amount shown on your account be the full amount or the one reduced by £67' - I've phoned up about 5 times now and never get a straight answer. I'm sure they've set mine incorrectly, they've set mine to £43 instead of the £110 full amount - so I think they'll collect nothing at all. I'm ringing them again tomorrow to have the DD amount reset back to the £110.
    Last edited by FPX; 06-10-22 at 22:58.