Support for our most vulnerable customers this winter.

Level 4
    I contacted E On customer services today.

After reading about the Winter Affordability Support Scheme i knew i was eleigible for the fund. I am on the priority service for health issues and require electricity to store my medication, i am also struggliing to pay my bills.

The customer agent advised that although I was on the priority health list & receive the Warm Home Discount Scheme yearly for some reason my account had no 'attachment' to say i am eligible for the scheme.

She has suggested 'waiting to see' if E On get in touch and if note 'try calling again in 2-3 weeks'

How can i be eligible for the scheme but i am not being offered it?
    Level 91
    @Manders139

I have copied and pasted below from MSE website...

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ne...upport-scheme/

''Who's eligible for E.on Next's energy bill discount

To be eligible for the scheme, you must:

• Have been an existing E.on Next customer by 25 September 2023;
    • Be on E.on Next's standard variable tariff (SVT);
    • Have a smart meter (or agree to have one installed);
      AND
    • Have a household income of £19,000 or less;
      OR
    • Have medical dependency needs and a household income of £31,000 or less. E.on Next's list of medical dependencies is as follows: a) nebuliser or apnoea monitor, b) heart-lung or lung ventilator, c) dialysis, feeding pump or automated medication, d) oxygen concentrator e) MDE electric showering.

The discount will be available across all payment methods (including direct debit, prepayment and payment on receipt of bills).''

If you definitely think you are eligible you could try an email to hi@eonnext.com listing exactly why you are eligible and and stating you have not received an invitation. Ask for the email to be forwarded, if necessary, to the decision makers of who is going to be invited to join this Winter Affordability Support Scheme and also ask for confirmation this has been done. Don't forget to put all your personal details and account number in there.

If you then need to raise a customer complaint you will have an email trail that can be investigated.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 5
    Had the exact same issue. I definitely qualify - on both the financial and medical grounds (and they are already aware of both the financial and disability element). I called up and a very nice and also confused customer service lady read through her notes on the topic and in them it said what you were told about maybe becoming eligible at a later date but it also said "not everyone who is eligible will be offered the scheme". So that's clear as mud...
    Level 1
    @Han_EONNext

Just tried to phone the number given in your email. Came up as "Suspected Spam". Gave up....have emailed using a "clean" email address.
    Community Team
    Morning @macwomble 😊

Hannah here 👋 - what as the number you were trying to call?
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈
    Level 4
    After contacting eon several times i have now given up contacting, they give you the run around, i am eligible in ALL the eligibility points but they still refuse to offer me the scheme, they also implied that because my account is in credit (for the upcoming winter months) that they would not be offering me the scheme, at the end of the day I believe you’re account needs to be in debt to be eligible, total waste of time for people who are genuinely eligible but they got the free publicity on Martin Lewis’s site
    Level 4
    @StrawberryGrace
    After contacting eon several times i have now given up contacting, they give you the run around, i am eligible in ALL the eligibility points but they still refuse to offer me the scheme, they also implied that because my account is in credit (for the upcoming winter months) that they would not be offering me the scheme, at the end of the day I believe you’re account needs to be in debt to be eligible, total waste of time for people who are genuinely eligible but they got the free publicity on Martin Lewis’s site
    Level 5
    @Manders139

They advertise 50% for those in debt and 25% otherwise. There's no caveat next to the published criteria that states that not everybody eligible will be offered the scheme (like you I'm eligible across all the criteria, not just one or the other). As well as on the phone I've got an email admitting not everybody will be offered it. I let them know I've reported to the energy ombudsman and Martin Lewis's team. Advertising dishonest criteria isn't legal.
    Level 1
    @Han_EONNext

0808 501 5407

In contact with E.ON directly on this matter (via email, at the moment).

To say I'm not a very "happy bunny" would be an understatement.

Why is it that you can't just apply online to "sign up"......in exactly the same manner as with the Warm Homes Discount?

Current method appears to be vastly over complicated.
    Level 5
    I'm another who is eligible but not been offered the tariff. I emailed eonnext but was told to wait weeks to see if I'm contacted.

This is rubbish.

How does eonnext know who is eligible or who isn't. Eonnext doesn't have the information on people's income. Also The warm home discount isn't given to every low income household as most people I know have had it taken away because of the house efficiency nonsense.

Also 19k income to a family is completely different to 19k for a single person.
    Again why are a very few medical conditions only considered. Why aren't people who are battling cancer like me who need heat all the time considered as a medical condition.

Eon next have not thought this through at all.