Support for our most vulnerable customers this winter.

Level 56
    @Mailman

I've given it a whirl as my household income is under the threshold, I'm on the PSR and got WHD last year.

I won't hold my breath though as one of the other 'small print' conditions is that you have a smart meter, and I don't! For this sort of saving, I'd be happy to get one, but as they don't work round here (no connectivity), it's all a bit moot!

The other thing in Eon Next's small print in the T&C is the part in the section where it states
    c) your annual household income is under £19,000 and you have an income and expenditure deficit (I&E)

I shall be curious to know exactly what this part entails. 🤪
    Level 92
    @Mailman

To quote one Charles Dickens (from David Copperfield):

“Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six , result happiness.

Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery”

I think the latter refers to income and expenditure deficit. How E.On Next would determine that, other than by seeing you can't pay your energy bill and have entered into a payment plan, I'm not sure.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 4
    Hi everyone…..I just wanted to give you all a heads up about an email I received from Eon last week. After applying for the Winter Scheme I received an email askong for ‘more information’. I read through the email and could not believe the information they are asking for, they are actually asking for permission to access your online bank account!!! So they can ‘confirm your annual income’!!! Is this even legal, for 25% bill reduction!! You can apply for benefits with less information. Needless to say I WILL NOT be giving eon permission to access my bank account. Also there was absolutely NO mention of this being necessary to apply for the acheme. Absolutely disgusting, will also be forwarded to Martin Lewis so he can warn his followers.

We need more info to see if you’re eligible, so our partner Paylink will help us understand your circumstances a bit better.

Click on the button below to set up an account and fill in your personal budget form - we’ll then review this and get back to you. You’ll also need to link the form to your online bank account to confirm your household income - it's quick and easy to do.
    Community Team
    Hi everyone…..I just wanted to give you all a heads up about an email I received from Eon last week. After applying for the Winter Scheme I received an email askong for ‘more information’. I read through the email and could not believe the information they are asking for, they are actually asking for permission to access your online bank account!!! So they can ‘confirm your annual income’!!! Is this even legal, for 25% bill reduction!! You can apply for benefits with less information. Needless to say I WILL NOT be giving eon permission to access my bank account. Also there was absolutely NO mention of this being necessary to apply for the acheme. Absolutely disgusting, will also be forwarded to Martin Lewis so he can warn his followers.

We need more info to see if you’re eligible, so our partner Paylink will help us understand your circumstances a bit better.

Click on the button below to set up an account and fill in your personal budget form - we’ll then review this and get back to you. You’ll also need to link the form to your online bank account to confirm your household income - it's quick and easy to do.

Hi @Manders139 😊

Hannah here 👋 we have a direct link with Paylink and they use a platform called Embark to verify your banking details 😊 this is also used by other companies such as Octopus and Tesco Bank. The process is completely secure and we don't use it to go through anything other than how much income you are bringing home. This is because our Winter Support Scheme is to help our most vulnerable customers, and we need to ensure that we are identifying those customers, and they are getting the help they need 😊.

Here is the site for Paylink Solutions 👉 Paylink website if you wanted to go on and find out more about how they work / what they do.
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈