Using The Forum Is Like Wading Through Treacle

Level 91
    Trying to do anything on this forum either on PC or mobile phone has been a challenge for me since Friday. It is so slow to respond to anything I try to do.

I know a couple of others on here, including one of the co-ordinators, have been having similar problems. Is there anyone out there who isn’t having problems?
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
  • 12 Replies

@JoeSoap

I think it will be painfully slow for everyone. It's completely frozen for me a few times, and I couldn't log in or out. I'm getting 'something went wrong' pop ups, and have to try again.
    The hamsters wheels must be broken again, and no-one there to fix them at the weekend.🐹😂
    Last edited by Tommysgirl; 13-08-23 at 13:36. Reason: Adding info
    Level 91
    @Tommysgirl

I'm told that there are some updates going on in the background and it may be the cause. It's bearable for me right now but sometimes I give up 🙄
    @Tommysgirl

I'm told that there are some updates going on in the background and it may be the cause. It's bearable for me right now but sometimes I give up 🙄
    Updates may be the cause. When Windows 10 does big updates it sometimes goes a bit awry for a few hours, but not for three days. Hopefully it will improve tomorrow after the weekend🤞. You've certainly had a lot of bother with Eon Next lately, and this is an extra headache for you. We'll just have to 'Keep Calm and Carry on'.👍
    Level 21
    To get to here by mouseclick from https://community.eonnext.com/#panel_activity was 16 seconds and this page had fully loaded at 35 seconds.
    By comparison, typing my own super-simple single webpage into a new tab on the browser completed in well under a second from hitting Enter.

Before getting talked into buying the next server or uploaded to a subscription-365 cloud thing which somebody else owns, please could admins consider getting together a few facts and figures such as the total word count in all of the posts in all of the threads. The backend of a ten thousand thread chat and comment database should not be using more than can fit in memory of one raspberry pi, so if someone is telling you that your industrial server is insufficient, perhaps try calling in Oracle or someone like that to look at what you really need for projected requirements next month, next year, next decade. 35 seconds to retrieve a 200kB page with 3.7MB of artwork and javascript is slow. That should travel the last mile to my house in a fraction of a second.

Lastly, an IP disclaimer :
    In the event of all or any part of this forum being sold for money or uploaded for practical reasons to a third party host who purports to 'own' the data which you upload, then the text of all and any posts and messages by this username "wizzo227" belong to the writer of "wizzo277" and nobody else without prior new written agreement made with the writer of "wizzo227". I reckon that EoN academics in Germany probably could get a whole bunch of papers on the subject of "inhomogenous district heat using a shared renewables warm water loop", and I encourage them or others like them to correspond on anything which interests them.
    Last edited by wizzo227; 15-08-23 at 19:28. Reason: removed link to my own webpage because links from it might scare people who don't look at long term forecasts relating to climate change
    Level 91
    Well, whatever the problem was it seems to have gone away. It's doing things faster than a fast thing now 👍
    Community Team
    All fixed this morning everyone, we have been tearing our hair out on this side too, fingers crossed it's all resolved now though 😊
    "Green is the prime colour of the world and that from which it's loveliness arises"-Pedro Calderon De La Barca 🌳

OUT OF OFFICE UNTIL 01/05/24 🏖

Level 92
    @DebF_EONNext

It certainly seems much snappier now after three or so days of running like a dog with three legs and mange. Me and @Tommysgirl were both wondering whether it was because you were holding the fort most of the time on your own for a few days and there was no-one else around to feed the hamsters!!
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    @retrotecchie

I've never heard the expression running like a dog with three legs and mange. Very funny.🤣🤣🤣
    The hamsters have must have been fed, and the wheels repaired.🐹🐹🎡👍
    Level 21
    About two seconds to get to here. Seems fixed by comparison to the weekend. I had a go at working out how much stuff an 'old' octacore cpu running sixteen threads at full spead with DDR4 memory can do in the 14 or so seconds not accounted for in delays before it sent a page. Anyone want a competition to make up the most preposterous ways to waste 14 seconds on a server ?