Using The Forum Is Like Wading Through Treacle

Community Team
    @wizzo227 according to an article I read, your reality is only 15 seconds long. Apparently this very moment is determined by the previous 15 seconds of your life which is an interesting theory!
    @retrotecchie & @Tommysgirl I think it's more like Sod's Law, if something's going to go wrong it's going to happen while I'm steering the ship 🤣
    "Green is the prime colour of the world and that from which it's loveliness arises"-Pedro Calderon De La Barca 🌳
    Level 91
    Anyone want a competition to make up the most preposterous ways to waste 14 seconds on a server ?

I'll have a go...

Please can I have the correct tariffs on my IHD?

Yep... took 14 seconds 😂
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 21
    @wizzo227 according to an article I read, your reality is only 15 seconds long. Apparently this very moment is determined by the previous 15 seconds of your life which is an interesting theory!
    That does not describe how it happens for me. Consider for example the most difficult possible exam room, everyone lined up silently on their little tables in a neat grid pattern, and there is a horrible equation full of greek symbols and stuff with a question which begins "prove that". And to make things even worse the subject of the exam is advanced quantum mechanics. It takes more than fifteen seconds of working memory to try out and reject several possible rearrangements of the symbols before finding a useful one which does advance the proof, and some idea of where to look on the standard table of useful integrals to pull out a simplification which you need to complete the proof, and remembering quite a lot of lectures and problem sheets in which you had done a comparable proof on something broadly similar.
    I have not disproven your statement for anyone other than for people who passed exams at least as hard as 11+. Their present and what they are writing is not possible without more than fifteen seconds worth of working memory plus other knowledge stored previously.