Smartview 3 and Ivie Bud not reading.

Level 6
    Both IHDs stopped reporting usage simultaneously on month change. Did multiple reconnects etc etc etc and after a few conversations with Eon, forced restart, battery off, remote kick , they are both still not showing usage etc. Today finally i was told the IHD was out of warranty and could no longer help as they were seeing my usage:

So with the Ivie Bud IHD, you need to contact Ivie themselves to resolve that. We have connection to the Smart Meter so it's a potential the IHD has just come to end of it's life and unfortunately we can't replace it as it only has a 12 month warranty. I do apologise for the inconvenience.

We assume that is the case with out IHD as your meter is still communicating with us and you have tried resetting it besides that we are unable to do anything

This seems highly unhelpful as I say, they both stopped at the same time

The Smartview shows time, date and wifi as connected, but leaves message on screen as 'searching for meters' (after the initial pairing) - The ivie shows again date time and wifi as connected and the additional 'i assume' mobile signal as quite low on the screen whilst not displaying any data. Any thoughts community? It seems highly suspect that a coincidence of both going end of life at exactly the same time would apply here and would seem, to me, to be something more meter related.

Oh, the other thing, on trying to reset the device completely, and presumably it is in the system menu,i am presented with a pin number - Im guessing that's an installer related thing as I have no access to that it would appear.
    Last edited by KeithD; 4 Hours Ago at 14:44.
  • 3 Replies

Level 83
    Afternoon @KeithD Looks like the WAN is working but you've lost communication with the HAN. It might be worth letting the forum know what the lights are showing (colour, flash frequency) on the comms hub.
    Level 30
    @KeithD - it's always EOn's policy to blame the IHD, but having seen so many similar messages here my gut feeling is the IHD & HAN are probably fine, but the registration of the IHD's guid has somehow been lost by the meter, so it is the meter which is refusing to allow the IHD to reconnect.

From various Googling it looks like an engineer visit may be required to connect the IHD as it's part of the initial setup, though this may be possible as a remote command.

In either case EOn's Cust Service either don't know how or can't be bothered ☹️
    Level 6
    Aye for sure, thanks guys - the greens flash every 5 seconds as expected however on the device below them there is a red flashing led every 4 seconds (top left of the meter reading screen)

In a (edit*slight) sign of hope for us all, after liaising some more on whatsapp and referring here to community forum and other i see related topics, I am getting this.
    Good evening Keith, Thanks for sharing this necessary information. My colleague has now reached out to the smart advocate team who will then be back in touch with a response to them.

We will be sure to keep you posted on next steps but can assure you not to worry at all.

Kind regards,
    Francis - E.ON Next
    and after me replying this
    I know it might be kind of outside your remit there and I fully get it, its prob something that does need a deeper dive tho. Cheers for help anyway. o/
    I got this
    We totally appreciate your understanding. Yes you're right, and we are now seeking further assistance in the right direction.

Thank you again! Have a good evening.

I'll keep you posted on any update.
    Last edited by KeithD; 2 Hours Ago at 16:49.