IHD Tariff Update Request More Troublesome Than Normal

View Tag Cloud
    Level 91
    @retrotecchie

Thanks for that info 👍

However customers word their request for an update, be it for the IHD, smart meters or both, it is such a common request that you would think all customer service advisors would know what is being asked for. If not, then they should ask appropriate questions. My requests were all dealt with quickly and I was told updates had been applied. Only when I followed up saying it didn't work was I met with what seemed like confusion.

With only three possible causes of the error you would think an explanation would forthcoming. It's all a bit bizarre 🤯
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 6
    @LeeDQ_EONNext

” @Ian413 Welcome to the thread, Can I just clarify your issue from what you have read does it sound similar to @JoeSoap? Does your IHD match the meter but the meter tariff is incorrect? “

yes this is correct. My physical meter itself contains the wrong tariff and therefore so does my ihd.

I have also noted that my daily usage hasn’t been updated since 7 July.

I have pointed this out to eon and they have indicated that they have let the IT team know. I have also told them that the phone mast near the house was undergoing maintenance on or around this time. I’m pretty sure that the meter has lost connection with its communication network and can’t reconnect itself. I’ve asked if I can reset it and been told ‘no’. My guess is that it’s under the secured area of the meter. The whole thing makes total sense if the connection has been lost. I’m trying to get eon to send someone to reconnect
    Community Team
    @JoeSoap Little update, we have managed to get a ticket raised for this issue.

I will keep you informed.
    Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over
    here!
    📣
    Community Team
    @Ian413 Can you pop me a private message please? if possible a photo of your meter, IHD and full address please?

I will do the same as I have with the others, the photos would really help.

Thanks
    Last edited by Lee_EONNext; 07-08-23 at 15:44. Reason: Edit
    Level 91
    @JoeSoap Little update, we have managed to get a ticket raised for this issue.

I will keep you informed.

Good news… thanks 👍
    Level 59
    @LeeDQ_EONNext

Just a little late to the party I know but I've never really paid much attention to the IHD(£) figures and I rely totally on the kWh consumption numbers (pulled daily from the meter via the IHD) leading to my own calcs and reconciliation to what is eventually billed once a month. The KWh numbers have always coincided with both gas and electricity meters when they have been checked.

Having looked at the actual meter itself I can also confirm that my meter is showing the incorrect tariff/ SC numbers. These same wrong tariff numbers are duplicated in my IHD.

If you need more detail let me know via PM but I see a ticket has been raised in one of your previous posts.
    Community Team
    @Mailman Better late than never? I'd expect the latter is probably better in this case.

Pop me a PM with your details, photos of the meter showing your tariff details and the IHD, I will get this added to the examples list. Im hoping to get around 10, with yours I have 5 for the team to investigate.

Thanks
    Level 31
    Originally Posted by LeeDQ_EONNext
    ;37255
    @Mailman Better late than never? I'd expect the latter is probably better in this case.

Pop me a PM with your details, photos of the meter showing your tariff details and the IHD, I will get this added to the examples list. Im hoping to get around 10, with yours I have 5 for the team to investigate.

Thanks
    @LeeDQ_EONNext - do you fancy seeing mine, to really rattle some cages?

I'm now on the Next Drive dual TOU tariff, but only the single rate for Next Flex is shown.

There are potentially 48 TOU registers on my Landis+Gyr E470 meter, but only the first one is populated, with the wrong tariff rate 🤓
    Community Team
    @geoffers Does the tariff on your meter match the IHD? and both are wrong?

Have our customer service team attempted the update do you know?
    Level 31
    @geoffers Does the tariff on your meter match the IHD? and both are wrong?

Have our customer service team attempted the update do you know?
    Since the IHD picks up the tariff rate directly from the meter, YES they are in agreement and give the NextFlex single rate all the time.

There seems to be a general misconception that the IHD is accessed directly by the supplier. However its just a device which reads the information from the meter itself so in effect is a window on the meter's data. The Smart Meter System Tech. Specification states that the IHD is a type-2 device
    7.1.1.106 Type 2 Device
    An IHD or any other Device connected to the HAN that provides Consumer access to the information stored in GSME, ESME or a Gas Proxy Device.
    where GSME is the gas meter and ESME is the electric meter

I haven't actually asked them to update the rates yet, but from 2 conversations with customer services I have been told
    As with any in-home displays, our app cannot keep up to date with how the new EV Tariff works. This is currently an issue that has been flagged to our EV Team
    And...
    The smart meter is sending us half-hourly reads and this is how we bill you based on what time you use your energy.
    The IHD (in-home display) although working fine, will not be able to understand the reduced rate for half-hourly reads, and may not look as it normally would.

I'm sure that the way it should work is that 2 of the meter's ToU registers should have the 2 rates (only one of the ToU registers is populated, and this is the same as the current rate register)

Then at the relevant time the meter should set the current rate to the relevant tariff rate from the ToU register.

So this would then be passed to the IHD in the normal way, and it would do its calculation using the current rate the meter's just given it

There is a thread on Money Saving Expert on much the same topic, where someone is explaining BG's Electric Driver with “Register-based billing:” using these 2 registers
    Last edited by geoffers; 07-08-23 at 22:40.