Smart Meter not connected to EON network

Level 5
    Hi,

I was wondering whether anybody else had this issue and had managed to get a resolution from Eon Next?

We had smart meters installed back in November/December, however the engineer was unable to connect them to the Eon network, so they weren't sending readings to Eon. It was gone the end of the working day, so he couldn't get through to Eon, and we were told to call Eon to arrange an engineer to come back out to fix it.

I've tried to call twice already, and both times, the person on the phone wasn't able to book an appointment and said they'd call me back. Surprise, surprise, I haven't had a call-back either time! I'm trying to call again, though obviously I'm being put on hold for ages. It would be handy having the smart meter connected as our meters aren't easily accessible so it's a bit of a faff providing readings manually.
  • 3 Replies

Level 78
    Hiya @josiepark ,

Sorry for the wait. Let me try and grab @PeterT_EONNext as he might be able to help here.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Community Team
    Hi @josiepark - I'm sorry for the late response, I haven't been around the past week but I'm here now!

It sounds like the work may not have been completed on the initial visit. Although we seem to be receiving your gas readings and just not the electricity readings, so something doesn't seem to add up here.

Would it be possible to send a picture over here of each of your meters? (If you can, I appreciate if you're unable to as I know you said they're in a bit of an awkward position)

Thanks - Pete 😊
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 1
    We have a similar problem. e-ON have sent an engineer three times to install and rectify a SMART meter. The first engineer installed a meter - then found the central computer was down so he couldn't connect us - he took the new meter out again and reinstalled the old manual meter.

The second engineer arrived, took one look at the meter and noted it was the old meter - but he had the meter the first engineer brought as installed! So he had to sort that out with the office before installing a new smart meter.

e-On did get two remote readings out of the meter middle of last year, then it stopped responding. So earlier this month an engineer came out. He called his co-ordinator and verified that a reading could be taken. He advised a "back office problem" - e-ON need to get the billing computer sorted.

Reported this to the e-ON help desk. The adviser took my 9Manual) meter readings and said a bill would be raised. He also said he would ask for action getting the meter aligned with the system, but advised I just leave things a month to see if they got fixed. Hmm.

I still haven't seen a bill. I logged in to e-ON today - mostly to see if they had done anything before asking why they haven't even acknowledged the complaint I raised earlier this week. Rubbing salt into the wound was a banner saying they were having trouble reading my smart meter and would I send manual readings.

Any ideas what to do next. I've been hanging on the phone about an hour now.

On the positive side, they do collect my direct debit in a timely manner every month.