Gas and Electricity Separate Suppliers

Level 1
    E-on Next fitted a SMART meter to me around 2 months for my electricity supply.

The IHD works fine and shows me the readings.

EDF Energy fitted a SMART meter about 6 weeks ago for my gas supply. The engineer who fitted it said that the IHD (supplied by E-on) should be show the gas readings.

The IHD is still not showing the readings.

I thought that I would only need one IHD as they are both SMART 2 meters - am I incorrect. Does E-on Next need to configure something?
  • 2 Replies

Level 91
    @maw444

the gas meter should communicate with the comms hub attached to the electricity meter. They can take 8 weeks to establish the correct connection.

Your in home display gets its data from the comms hub. Unfortunately you need to wait a bit longer before getting onto EDF. I think that while the theory of two different suppliers showing through the one hub is sound, it does allow for the classic "it ain't ours guv and we can't fix it" excuse coming out later.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 78
    The other possibility might be to get a second IHD that runs independently from both suppliers. Feel free to check out my guide for more details but in short, either the ivie Bud or Hildebrand Glow (SMETS2 variant) should do the trick.

However, I can still try to do diagnostics anyway. Please show me photos of everything, I'll see what I can figure out.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!