Should I switch my tariff away from Next Loyalty fixed V4?

View Tag Cloud
    Level 92
    @Johnh1995

I just got a quote for my next door neighbour (if I put in my own address, it says I'm already a customer on a fixed tariff!)

The quote says:

Full tariff information

About your electricity tariff
    Supplier E.ONnext
    Tariff name Next Fixed 12m v6
    Tariff type 12-month fixed-term
    Payment method Direct Debit
    Unit rate 27.13p per kWh
    Standing charge 54.21p per day
    Tariff ends on 12 months from start of supply
    Price guaranteed until 12 months from start of supply
    Exit fees (if you cancel this tariff before the end date) £75.0

Therefore you are charged an exit fee, whether you change supplier or go with a different product within E.On Next.

The quote was for electric only as we're not on gas. Incidentally, the v6 fix would actually work out more expensive than v4 for me!

Last edited by retrotecchie; 15-01-24 at 02:55.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Community Team
    @Johnh1995 I did some digging on this last night, and the only tariff that I could find that has an internal exit fee is the next secure. The laptop decided it had enough yesterday and wouldn't turn back on, luckily I had finished for the day.

I did some more digging today and there is an exit fee to be applied for internal and external changes, £150 from the tariff information I have found this morning.
    Last edited by Lee_EONNext; 15-01-24 at 08:18. Reason: Added info
    Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over
    here!
    📣
    Level 18
    Finally decided to switch to Next Pledge 12m v3,based on the Ofgem predicted price cap reduction on Friday.
    Everything fine after talking to Yinka, until I looked at my account and saw a fee of £150 applied for switching tariffs and that my monthly payment had risen from £150 to £166.43.Another telephone call ensued, which then corrected the amounts after receiving an apology , but still waiting for the goodwill credit of £10 for the inconvenience.
    By now, you would think that the operatives would check things out before trying to take money out of my account
    Level 56
    Finally decided to switch to Next Pledge 12m v3,based on the Ofgem predicted price cap reduction on Friday.
    Everything fine after talking to Yinka, until I looked at my account and saw a fee of £150 applied for switching tariffs and that my monthly payment had risen from £150 to £166.43.Another telephone call ensued, which then corrected the amounts after receiving an apology , but still waiting for the goodwill credit of £10 for the inconvenience.
    By now, you would think that the operatives would check things out before trying to take money out of my account

When you get a moment can you confirm on the T&C you received for Next Pledge that the exit fees payable on this are set at £25/fuel and only for switching supplier (i.e. any internal tariff chages with Eon Next will incur no exit fees) 👍
    Level 18
    When you get a moment can you confirm on the T&C you received for Next Pledge that the exit fees payable on this are set at £25/fuel and only for switching supplier (i.e. any internal tariff chages with Eon Next will incur no exit fees) 👍
    "An exit fee of £25 per fuel will be applied if you change supplier before your tariff ends"