Not getting regular statements on NextDrive

Level 28
    Ah, but submitting a single manual reading normally triggers the generation of a new bill. That bill would by necessity need all the previous half-hourly readings. Those readings are not sent every half hour, but polled by DCC on a daily basis just after midnight, or when an app such as Bright requests a data refresh.
    But why bother submit a meaningless meter reading to ask for a statement (that's assuming you have a smart meter 😜) - I've requested a statement twice and just said *send me my statement - you don't need my meter reading because I'm on a ToU rate so the meter reading is irrelevant" which worked both times
    Last edited by geoffers; 23-02-24 at 07:27.
    Level 91
    @JoeSoap ...wrong : the manual meter reading is meaningless if you're on the Next Drive tariff like @HarryHH, since it has no way of determining how much was consumed at the low/high rate.

The only way they can produce the correct statement is by applying the relevant rate to the energy per ½ hour measured usage

Well, chasing a statement through customer service doesn’t seem to have worked for @HarryHH so maybe if the generation of one was forced by submitting a manual read it would be produced in accordance with the tariff.

Anyway, you think I’m wrong (none taken) and you may be right so I hereby withdraw my advice to Harry.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 28
    Well, chasing a statement through customer service doesn’t seem to have worked for @HarryHH so maybe if the generation of one was forced by submitting a manual read it would be produced in accordance with the tariff.

Anyway, you think I’m wrong (none taken) and you may be right so I hereby withdraw my advice to Harry.
    I think you'll find it has worked, since his request generated a statement, though it looks like he was hoping for an itemised one not a summary.

What didn't work was when he submitted a manual meter reading to customer services which generated a bill of £8831 😲
    Level 91
    I think you'll find it has worked, since his request generated a statement, though it looks like he was hoping for an itemised one not a summary.

What didn't work was when he submitted a manual meter reading to customer services which generated a bill of £8831 😲

His Feb statement is over two weeks late and his request last Friday to expedite it has failed. So his latest request did not generate a statement. If I’ve read it wrong then please point me in the right direction.

The £8831 bill was due to the change of meter not being recognised. He has now had statements in Dec and Jan that have taken account of the meter change.
    Level 28
    His Feb statement is over two weeks late and his request last Friday to expedite it has failed. So his latest request did not generate a statement. If I’ve read it wrong then please point me in the right direction.

The £8831 bill was due to the change of meter not being recognised. He has now had statements in Dec and Jan that have taken account of the meter change.
    I'm not denying that - if you read my earlier post it took 5 months before my statements settled down to regular monthly ones, and I had to request manually generated ones (without supplying a meter reading) prior to that.

EOn's excuse us that since the tariff is new (😲?) they are still having to do things in a roundabout way - ie my interpretation of this is they didn't have the processing systems in place when they launched it.
    Level 91
    @geoffers

The bottom line is that the Feb statement is late and chasing it doesn’t seem to be bearing fruit. I suggested sending a manual reading which to me is easier than contacting customer service by any means. It may not work… fine.

Note to anyone signing up to Next Drive… much patience is required.
    Level 28
    @JoeSoap Aah - I realise now that you're saying that the act of sending in the meter reading will trigger a statement.

However what I thought was wrong was I thought you'd stated was that they would (incorrectly) calculate the bill from the difference between that reading and the previous one - I guess I'd misinterpreted your earlier statement which I thought said this : sorry 🤓

Whether a reading is taken as a smart reading or you submit one manually, the readings are coming from the same meter and the bill will be issued for what you have consumed since that January statement.
    Last edited by geoffers; 23-02-24 at 09:50.
    Level 91
    @JoeSoap ok - I realise now that you're saying that the act of sending in the meter reading will trigger a statement.

However what I thought was wrong was I thought you'd stated was that they would (incorrectly) calculate the bill from the difference between that reading and the previous one - I guess I'd misinterpreted your earlier statement which I thought said this : sorry 🤓

I didn’t even go as far as saying it WILL generate a statement… only that it TENDS to. I note that @HarryHH didn’t actually seek advice so maybe the opening post was just a bit of exasperation.

Misunderstandings are easy on forums. Onwards and upwards.
    Level 3
    I had a similar experience. Joined in August and no electricity bills, just gas. Contacted them at the beginning of December and they sent bills for the missing period all on the NextFlex tariff. They still haven't recalculated my bills and my complaint is now with the Energy Ombudsman. On a positive note, bills since December have been arriving regularly and are calculated using half hour metered data and the correct tariff.