Scam caller?

Community Team
    Hi @Boncobill ๐Ÿค—

Thanks for flagging this up and bringing this number to our Community for other members to see! This has been flagged and sent to our anti-fraud team so please don't worry about it ๐Ÿ˜.

Thank you to @Andy65 and @retrotecchie for looking after you on this one! Its great to see other members sharing their experiences too, and what they do to prevent this. I very much agree that it is so so concerning for some people who would perhaps fall short of becoming victim to scams ๐Ÿ˜ฏ hopefully they have people around like yourselves to protect them!

๐ŸŒ Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    ๐Ÿ‘‰get in touch๐Ÿ‘ˆ

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions ๐Ÿ‘‰ HERE ๐Ÿ‘ˆ
    Level 8
    Hi @Boncobill ๐Ÿค—

Thanks for flagging this up and bringing this number to our Community for other members to see! This has been flagged and sent to our anti-fraud team so please don't worry about it ๐Ÿ˜.

Thank you to @Andy65 and @retrotecchie for looking after you on this one! Its great to see other members sharing their experiences too, and what they do to prevent this. I very much agree that it is so so concerning for some people who would perhaps fall short of becoming victim to scams ๐Ÿ˜ฏ hopefully they have people around like yourselves to protect them!

Hi Hannah,

No problem. Thank you for looking in on this one.

I agree that diseminating the information about the number can be useful and the other guys chipped in with some good advice.

I'm usually super savvy with these scenarios but unsolicited incoming calls always raise the antennas!

M
    Level 8
    I've not had a South African accent from a call centre yet, but I get an awful lot of scam calls regarding my internet or my computer claiming to be from 'Windows' (not even Microsoft) that tend to be Indians.

I take great delight in leading them on, keeping them paying for the call and accepting their offer of assistance with my 'virus' or hack attempt. They start getting very het up when they tell me to press a particular key combination and I tell them I don't have those keys on my keyboard.

After twenty minutes of frustration on their part, they usually get fed up and then hang up the call. Poor sods have no clue they have been trying to hack into a 1982 Commodore VIC20...

Gotta love the Vic 20!
    Level 92
    @Boncobill

Boots a lot faster than my PC ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.