Incorrect ''Last read' dates suddenly showing on online accounts.

Level 92
    After watching some of the PO Horizon Inquiry the last few days this is something that obviously affects all online accounts....

Dear Mailman,

No, you're the only one affected. Now be a good chap and keep this to yourself, or we'll send the 'heavies' round.

Kind regards

H. Orizon

E.On Next Community Helpdesk
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 56
    Dear Mailman,

No, you're the only one affected. Now be a good chap and keep this to yourself, or we'll send the 'heavies' round.

Kind regards

H. Orizon

E.On Next Community Helpdesk

Mine has now incremented by +1 to show 474

This counter has been incremented by one so the accounts are using a function like

Get number of days (Last manual read date - current date).

I just hope that there are no other serious issues affecting online accounts especially billing.

Perhaps we should all meet up somewhere central (Fenny Compton springs to mind) to discuss over tea this morning.

I'm actually feeling sorry for the person (s) who has/have caused this as they are blissfully unaware that there is such a glaring error
    Level 77

Mine has now incremented by +1 to show 474

This counter has been incremented by one so the accounts are using a function like

Get number of days (Last manual read date - current date).

I just hope that there are no other serious issues affecting online accounts especially billing.

Perhaps we should all meet up somewhere central (Fenny Compton springs to mind) to discuss over tea this morning.

I'm actually feeling sorry for the person (s) who has/have caused this as they are blissfully unaware that there is such a glaring error
    Same here.
    I'll bring the nibbles πŸ˜‹.
    Level 38
    @WizzyWigg

Mine has incremented by one day too. I'm not currently on a fixed rate, so it looks as if it's a huge error on someones part. Let's hope that now they are aware of it they get it corrected urgently.🀞
    Level 77
    @Tommysgirl πŸ‘ @Mailman explanation is more than likely what's happened. 🌞
    Community Team
    Morning all! @Tommysgirl @WizzyWigg @JoeSoap @Mailman @retrotecchie @DebF_EONNext

Firstly @Mailman - You've hit the nail on the head.

I've had a look into this and I can see that currently, there's an issue where the last manual reading (that isn't a Smart Meter reading) is being registered as the "last" recorded reading on your online account, giving the message "it's been X days since your last reading" which isn't actually the case.

As you have regular Smart Meter readings still coming through, and your Estimated Annual Consumption (EAC) for electricity and Annual Quantity (AQ) for gas aren't effected by this, it's just a message that won't effect the running of your account thankfully.

An issue this could cause however is individuals may start receiving automated emails asking for a reading, which is usually triggered when this message can be seen through your online account - please let me know if you receive an email stating "It's been X months since we've received a reading from you"

I don't believe this is happening for those that don't have a Smart Meter, though please do check if you don't have a Smart Meter and you're also seeing this message on your online account.

I'll be raising this with our tech team as it's certainly not ideal and will cause a lot of confusion, so thank you to all of you for bringing it up! πŸ•΅οΈβ€β™‚οΈ
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected πŸ™Œ - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a πŸ‘
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' βœ…
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? πŸ€” Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 56
    I'll be raising this with our tech team as it's certainly not ideal and will cause a lot of confusion, so thank you to all of you for bringing it up! πŸ•΅οΈβ€β™‚οΈ

πŸ‘

And I think we are all hoping that a fix to what had been a correct message (re number of days since last meter reading) does not sit in someone's in-tray for weeks otherwise Customer Service may get many unnecessary calls/emails for something that is an Eon Next created error. Things like this don't happen out of the blue for no reason other than person X has gone into the Javascript code (or whatever programming language is used to create the online webpages) and changed it - perhaps selecting the wrong data field(s) for the 'number of days' calculation now showing.

I know that statements now being generated have slightly different formatting so things are going on behind the scenes. Hope this 'number of days' error for those on Smart Meters is the only bugπŸ˜•
    Last edited by Mailman; 18-01-24 at 11:26.
    Level 38
    @Mailman

Hear Hear! I agree completely. I hope they get it resolved and corrected urgently. Just to try and add a bit of humour: We should get Vera on the case. She'll get them to sort it out in no time, and deliver one of her brilliant catchphrases : 'Now we're getting somewhere'. πŸ•΅οΈβ€β™€οΈπŸš™πŸ˜ƒ