Energy Price Guarantee

Level 1
    Every man and his dog knew what the new tariff was roughly going to be weeks ago apart from EON. What a shambles. I'm assuming they wont be updating my IHD anytime soon either if they don't know what to update it to.
    Level 13
    • We're updating our prices to reflect the government's Energy Price Guarantee.

Please note that your bills will be correct but the changes are taking longer to reflect in your online account. You don't need to do anything as we are working hard to get this updated.

Thank you for your post. I've seen that on my online account just now, but from experience who believes that our bills will be correct. It could have been a little more explanatory, something like

"We know we've misled you by putting in the wrong unit price from 1st October, but don't worry, we'll try and get it right eventually."
    Level 78
    @GSimpson @chris25801 previously it was a pretty easy case of me getting the Community Team to fling a few SMETS Commands at your meters, specifically Update Tariff Configuration. But they all seem to have vanished recently so I can't make those requests anymore. I've put alternative contact options in my signature.

If you get through to customer service, ask them to run the SMETS Command Update Tariff Configuration and tell them I sent you. It should help skip over some of the diagnostics because it's well known that I try to do them here if I can.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 5
    @Mailman I think comparing tariffs may be a little difficult at the moment - It's now 01/10/2022 and a tariff search for my region (NE-Northern region) is coming up with the following quote:

Next Flex– Direct Debit version

Electricity
    Unit rate 50.09 p/kWh
    Standing charge 49.93 p/day
    Gas Tariff
    Unit rate 14.63 p/kWh
    Standing charge 28.48 p/day

I really don't have the energy to go back and recheck the original OFGEM rates which are now superceded by the EPG but it looks like the OFGEM Unit Rates are being quoted. I'd expect this to be updated soon (to be fair, EON have had enough time and information to have updated this on time - ie today). I'm on the V14 fix until June 2023 and my account still hasn't been updated to show any new unit rates (if they're changing at all) and no other communication from EON to advise re: today's tariff going forward.

13:40 today - I logged out intending to log back in on the off-chance my account might be updated. The login screen has been removed! On the home page the menu's still there, click on "Account"\Login and you get a

Things look a little different – just for now

and no login id/password screen. Looks like they're struggling.
    Last edited by JimL; 01-10-22 at 12:50. Reason: Breaking news
    Level 56
    @Mailman I think comparing tariffs may be a little difficult at the moment

Difficult but not impossible as you can find previous Eon Next tariffs via Tariff Search and you can get the cap EPG rates for the regions (that should be applied) via MSE's What are the EPG prices from October . These sources are where I got the data from.
    Level 1
    The OFGEM rates are :-

Gas- .10p per kw/h standing charge- .28p
    Electric .34p per kw/h standing charge .46p

It does vary slightly by region.
    Level 91
    Not quite. Those are average rates and the standing charges conform to those announced by OFGEM. The unit prices are again national averages and are the OFGEM rates abated by the EPG discount.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Community Team
    Hi All!

Just a quick update in case some of you on this thread haven't seen, we have this post up to let you know that we're aware of the issues you're seeing online. We'll update you on this thread as soon as the issues you're seeing online (prices showing incorrectly) have been updated.

Pete 😊
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 56
    Hi All!

Just a quick update in case some of you on this thread haven't seen, we have this post up to let you know that we're aware of the issues you're seeing online. We'll update you on this thread as soon as the issues you're seeing online (prices showing incorrectly) have been updated.

Pete 😊

Thanks for this update.

One thing that has not been resolved has been the information (or rather its absence) of whether Eon Next will apply the EPG to fixed tariffs above the October SVT rates in such a way that will take all customers down to match the EPG rates for those on the SVT variable tariff. For customers on tariffs such as v18.v19 and v20 they need to know this ASAP as it would mean reductions (esp for electricity) in excess of 17p/kWh advised by HMG and obviate the need to scramble to contact Eon Next to change onto the SVT (cap).
    Level 91
    @Mailman

See the Edit at the bottom of this post here
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.