NextDrive EV charging tarriff - experience

Level 28
    More good news - I've just received the corresponding "official" statement for the above period, so looks like the billing system is now working for Next Drive.

Looking forward to my next statement in a few weeks, which will include the BST to GMT changeover
    Haha - I spoke to soon 🤪: it took about 2½ months on Next Drive tariff before EOn accounts started sending electricity statements. (They were just sending gas only statements)

I eventually received one for about 10 weeks of the missing electricity usage, then one for a few weeks with both gas & electricity which I assumed now got me back on track with normal monthly dual-fuel statements.

I've just received my November statement and guess what - it's gas only again with no leccy statement.

What a weird billing system EOn has... I wonder if this has anything to do with the statement covering the BST/GMT clock change 🤪
    Last edited by geoffers; 23-11-23 at 06:40.
    Level 5
    @geoffers I switched to NextDrive just over a month ago. No November statement yet - are they cobbling them together manually?
    Level 28
    @geoffers I switched to NextDrive just over a month ago. No November statement yet - are they cobbling them together manually?
    I thought I'd got back onto regular monthly statements with my October one, since they first sent one for 2½ months then one for about 10 days taking me up to my billing period.

However it was just gas only again on my November statement, so I have just sent another request for my latest statement to customer services 🤪
    Level 28
    @HarryHH I had this response from EOn to my request for my next statement
    We do have a dedicated specialized team whom bills your electric next drive account, I have sent your request today for them to bill your electric next drive account.
    Level 28
    @HarryHH I had this response from EOn to my request for my next statement
    Good news:- I received my next drive statement yesterday - haven't had time to do a detailed cost comparison yet, but it only looks to be a couple of quid different from my calcs, so hopefully OK👍
    Last edited by geoffers; 03-12-23 at 21:34.
    Level 3
    @geoffers Aren't you the lucky one!

I joined Next Drive in late August and had never received an electricity bill so called on 1 December and asked for this to be resolved. I am now regretting making this call.

On Wednesday I received an electricity bill. My excitement was short lived as this only covered a 3 day period at the end of August and a 6 day period in September/October. The good news was that the figures pretty well matched my calculations.
    On Friday I received an email thanking me for choosing the Next Flex tariff. This was a surprise as I hadn't requested to change tariff and when I checked my account I was indeed now on Next Flex.
    Today I received another electricity bill. This was for all of September and the missing days of October, but all charged at Next Flex and the same 6 day period in October/November that I had previously been billed for charged at Next Drive rate. There was also a credit for the amount of the 6 day period.

Has anybody else experienced such problems or am I just unlucky? It seems that every phone call or email to E.ON just makes things worse🤬
    Level 1
    @geoffers
    I transferred at a similar time, 6 months later, despite several phone calls and emails, I have no usage based bill.
    The usage data is missing more frequently recently & has now been completely unavailable for the last month.
    Have you received a usage based bill at all from Eon?
    Level 28
    @geoffers
    I transferred at a similar time, 6 months later, despite several phone calls and emails, I have no usage based bill.
    The usage data is missing more frequently recently & has now been completely unavailable for the last month.
    Have you received a usage based bill at all from Eon?
    Not a detailed usage per hour, but my bills certainly give me a breakdown of "x" kWh at the cheap overnight rate and "y" kWh at the daytime rate.
    I then compare their costs to my own calculated values (based on the raw meter usage data from glowmarkt.com), which are pretty much identical.
    @jpw
    I had been on a fixed tariff for two years with Eon (via Sainsburys) until September and following an email conversation with Eon switched to their EV tariff with it being confirmed by email. Since then I have tried a number of times to receive an itemised bill and having complained again earlier this month have finally been sent a detailed statement, however whilst my gas usage is labelled 'Sainsburys EV' my electricity has been charged at 'Sainsburys Variable Tariff'! A number of phone calls and emails later it appears that this is not something that can be easily rectified and I have now had to raise a formal complaint with a view to taking it to the Energy Ombudsman. Does anybody know if Eon would have logged our usage so that they can back calculate our off peak usage? I am really hacked off as I was on the verge of switching to Octopus and thought I would stay with Eon (Sainsburys) as their service had been good up to then.