Smart Meter - Connectivity Issue

Level 6
    @Han_EONNext I spotted a post you made on another thread in which a customer was able to get a smart meter uninstalled and replaced with a Classic meter…

https://community.eonnext.com/thread...ll=1#post37866

You stated that this service is available at a cost of £235 per fuel.

As you can see from my own issue on this thread I have been unsuccessful in persuading customer services to replace my faulty smart meter despite raising a complaint and now pursuing the matter with the ombudsman.

I assume the reason for EON’s refusal to address my issue is down to the cost of a visit. In which case is it possible for me to pay £235 to have the faulty smart meter installed by EON replaced with a functioning smart meter?

It’s clearly ridiculous for a customer to have to pay to have a faulty device swapped but if it enables me to switch to an EV friendly tariff it would be worth it.

Obviously payment would be dependant upon the result - I’m not paying for a meter swap only to be left in the same situation!

I look forward to your reply.
    Last edited by RJNext; 04-09-23 at 08:32. Reason: Edited for clarity
    Level 91
    @RJNext

I did post a suggestion here but I see you are aware of the post I directed you to. I mis-read your post, sorry
    Last edited by JoeSoap; 04-09-23 at 08:34.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Community Team
    Morning @RJNext 🌻

Hannah here 👋 - how are you?

Can I just confirm the status of your smart meter? Have they said that we aren't able to fix it?
    Yes, we would be able to come and replace a working smart meter with a credit meter for £235 - so it depends really on your status of meter.
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈
    Level 6
    Hi Hannah

Yes, good thanks.

The status of my smart meter is as outlined in this thread. I’ve failed miserably in getting a detailed explanation from customer service as to the problem, but other Community members on here have explained the issue.

Could you take a read of this thread and advise please? Ta.
    Level 91
    @Han_EONNext

I think the nub of it is that @RJNext wants a faulty smart meter replaced with a working smart meter and if it hastens the process is willing to pay for it.

Is this possible?… is the question.
    Last edited by JoeSoap; 04-09-23 at 11:03.
    Level 6
    Hi @Han_EONNext as per JoeSoap’s post… can I pay to have my faulty smart replaced with a working one?

Thanks
    Level 6
    Hi @Han_EONNext

If I can’t pay to have my faulty smart meter replaced with a working smart meter, can I pay to have my faulty smart meter replaced with a working Classic meter?

Either option would provide a route for me to be able to move to an EV tariff. Surely I can’t be forced to remain with a faulty smart meter that was installed as faulty and has never worked? Surely that can’t be a thing?

I’d appreciate your reply as to how I am supposed to move forward with this. As I’ve said above I’m willing to pay (if necessary) to move out of this trap as I would recoup the cost fairly quickly on a EV tariff running an EV.

Thanks in advance

Russell
    Level 92
    @RJNext

A working 'classic' meter is effectively what you have now with a non-communicating smart meter so you'll be no better off. The EV tariffs are dependent on a working smart meter capable of providing half hour readings.

Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 6
    Appreciate the reply, and completely understand that what I currently have is effectively a Classic meter but that’s no good to me.

My request for a fitment of a genuine Classic meter is deliberate. With this in place I could move to another supplier who would then replace my Classic meter with a smart meter and put me on an EV tariff.

I would pay for a “downgrade” because it then makes me switchable to another supplier (who then takes on the problem of fitting a working smart meter, along with EV charger) and who I assume would have an incentive to ensure it’s working.

So the fitment of a genuine classic meter would be a backwards step (to put me back in the position I was in before the fitment of a faulty smart meter) but at least would enable me to then go forwards with another supplier.

If EON won’t fix the faulty smart meter they installed then I expect them to at least take my money to fix the problem they caused and allow me to leave.

At present I am stuck. I cannot move to another supplier to use their EV tariff as a prerequisite is a WORKING smart meter (or a classic meter).

So over to @Han_EONNext

I’d like to either…

1) Pay to have my faulty smart meter replaced with a functioning smart meter

2) Pay to have my faulty smart meter replaced with a Classic one

Please confirm whether either or both options are possible.

Option (1) must be possible because EON are still installing new smart meters today, and they can’t all be faulty… (can they?)
    Last edited by RJNext; 11-09-23 at 22:35.