Smart Meter Faulty

How long does it take for the meter team to get round and fixing a smart meter?

My smart meter has not been sending reading in since March and not connecting to the IHD.

I have contacted Eonnext several times since march regarding this.
    Each time they say it has been reffered to the meter team, yet nothing happens.

Anyway I can get this fixed?
  • 4 Replies

Level 91
    @Shell14

I don't think there is a standard wait time to get an engineer visit. It will probably come down to when engineers are available in your area and what kind of priority is attached to your issue. If you can read your meter and submit the readings then the priority will be quite low. That said, you have been waiting six months so perhaps raise a complaint by emailing unhappy@eonnext.com telling them what you have said here.

They will then have 8 weeks to do something and if that something is not to your satisfaction then the complaint can be escalated to the ombudsman.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Community Manager
    Hi there @Shell14 Anasa here 👋 it's great to have you here! Sorry to hear you've had some trouble with your smart meter, sounds like it's been going on for a while. 🙁
    @JoeSoap is absolutely spot on with what he says and it looks like you've done all you can to get to get this escalating with the smart team. Once it's been escalated to the smart team it can take up to 12 weeks to resolve depending on what the issue is. Having said that there is no harm in contacting customer services and asking them for an update to make sure that this has been progressed a long and for them to chase up with the smart team.

It would be fab if you could pop back and let us know how you get on 😊
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣

Level 10
    Hi @Shell14
    To give you an idea as to how long a fix takes based on my experiences, bearing in mind what has already been said about area and fault affecting priority - My electric meter lost comms with EonNext and the IHD suddenly mid April this year. Also the numbers in the smart meter display froze and would not change no matter how much electricity I used.
    EonNext contacted me and I have a visit booked at the end of this month.
    So all things being equal your case should be near the top of the pile right now.
    @Anasa_EONNext

It was reported in March and escalated to the meter team then however I never heard anything.
    Since then I have made repeated requests regarding what is happening, each time getting the same answer that it has been escalated.
    The last time I asked I was given a a questionaire to answer, again nothing since.

My contract is ending with Eon at the end of the month, was thinking of sticking with them but may try somewhere else maybe they could get things moving quicker.
    I think from March they have had encough time to fix it.