I don't not have an IHD and the app isn't working!

Level 5
    I have a smart meter but I do not have an ihd so I have no idea of my energy usage in real time. I am struggling to pay for my energy usage and need to try and cut back but the meter I have doesn't have a Display or the ability to give real time readings. It takes about 5 days to show my usage on the Eon app. It doesn't help me at all!
    I spoke with an advisor who told me I could not have an In Home Display as my smart meter was out of warranty as it was installed in 2018. I rent my property and have been here for 2 years. I suffer from severe mental health problems and Im on the priority services register. I thought energy suppliers were meant to be helping vulnerable customers? This is stressing me out so much!

Is it right that they won't give me an In Home Display?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Han_EONNext; 04-08-23 at 10:08.
  • 30 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 91
    Best Answer
    @Khaleesi

I’m afraid it tends to be the case that you won’t be given a replacement IHD free of charge after this length of time. Whatever you do, don’t buy a used one from eBay or something as it won’t work.

You could try downloading the Hildebrand Bright app which is free. There may be a way to access it without having an IHD but the usage info normally takes a day or so to show on there.

The thread in the link below will give some information that may help…

https://community.eonnext.com/thread...ull=1#post6726
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Community Manager
    Hello @Khaleesi Anasa here 👋 Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry to hear that you're IHD isn't working, as its out of warranty after 12 months we can no longer replace it 😢

We can certainly have a look to see if there is anything else we can help you with though, we have lots of support in place for our vulnerable customers so please reach out via any of our Social Media Channels or if you prefer give us a call and we can have a chat to see what we can do for you 😊
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣

Level 5
    do not or ever had an In Home Display! I have told your advisors a million times. Also basically I've been told there is nothing you can do unless I want to purchase one. Which I cannot do as I am unable to afford it. I'm trying my best to budget and cut back because I'm struggling financially but I'm just constantly beating my head against a brick wal. If you think you can help me, then please do. I am at my wit's end
    Level 78
    do not or ever had an In Home Display! I have told your advisors a million times. Also basically I've been told there is nothing you can do unless I want to purchase one. Which I cannot do as I am unable to afford it. I'm trying my best to budget and cut back because I'm struggling financially but I'm just constantly beating my head against a brick wal. If you think you can help me, then please do. I am at my wit's end
    To reply to a post you need to use either Reply or Reply with Quote. Don't worry I'll tag @Anasa_EONNext in for you.
    Level 5
    To reply to a post you need to use either Reply or Reply with Quote. Don't worry I'll tag @Anasa_EONNext in for you.

have I done this right? I'm such a technophobe.

Thankyou. I have no idea how this works. To be honest I don't know why I'm bothering. It's driving me mad! All I want is an in home display. It's like getting blood out of a stone?
    Level 78
    have I done this right? I'm such a technophobe.

Thankyou. I have no idea how this works. To be honest I don't know why I'm bothering. It's driving me mad! All I want is an in home display. It's like getting blood out of a stone?
    Spot on. You've done it correctly. Nothing is straightforward in life, but it's always worth trying. Let's see if @Anasa_EONNext can help.
    Level 78
    Hi @Khaleesi I forgot to ask do you have either a smart phone or tablet? @JoeSoap did suggest an app called Bright by Hildebrand. It's free and can give you usage. I know you said you were a technophobe but I'm sure this forum would be able to help you.
    Level 5
    Hi @Khaleesi I forgot to ask do you have either a smart phone or tablet? @JoeSoap did suggest an app called Bright by Hildebrand. It's free and can give you usage. I know you said you were a technophobe but I'm sure this forum would be able to help you.

😱 So,I downloaded an app a couple of weeks ago called Hugo?. Which seems to work but it's not giving me the same usage that shows on my Eon app at all. . t's gives completely different figures and it's a day behind. And it doesn't show my gas usage. . I'm so frustrated with it all right now. 🤬 But, 'll have a look at that app and see how that works. Nothing seems to give me 'real time' which is what I need. You know like, when you put the kettle on, the oven, washing machine etc. I need to know what I'm using right there, right then so I can see where I can try and make savings. My head's gonna explode!!! Thanks for your help 😃
    Level 78
    😱 So,I downloaded an app a couple of weeks ago called Hugo?. Which seems to work but it's not giving me the same usage that shows on my Eon app at all. . t's gives completely different figures and it's a day behind. And it doesn't show my gas usage. . I'm so frustrated with it all right now. 🤬 But, 'll have a look at that app and see how that works. Nothing seems to give me 'real time' which is what I need. You know like, when you put the kettle on, the oven, washing machine etc. I need to know what I'm using right there, right then so I can see where I can try and make savings. My head's gonna explode!!! Thanks for your help 😃
    I'm afraid to say most of the apps are the same particularly when it comes to real time usage. I got to say even IHDs (In Home Display) aren't perfect. There is lots of information on the internet with hints and tips on saving energy and of course money. I've put a link to one site here:
    https://energysavingtrust.org.uk/hub...o-save-energy/ . 👴