£66 Government Payment Timing

Level 44
    This is taken from the Government Guidelines issued to energy providers, detailing when the £66/67 should be paid to customers.

For Credit customers that do not pay by Direct Debit:

"The credit or reduction should be provided in the first five working days of each delivery month. The EBSS payment must be provided on a monthly basis, regardless of whether the account is paid monthly, quarterly or has an associated payment card."

For Credit customers who pay by Direct Debit:

"For all Direct Debit customers, the date the EBSS payment is provided should be in line with the customer’s established Direct Debit collection schedule."

For Smart Prepayment customers:

"For smart prepayment meter customers, the supplier should provide the EBSS payment by providing the customer with credit in an amount equal to the EBSS payment. The credit should be applied in the first five working days of each month of EBSS delivery."
    "The supplier should provide the EBSS payment by automatically providing a remote credit to the meter, or a reduce debt message where there is a debt balance."

For Traditional Prepayment customers:

"Suppliers should issue funds to voucher providers within three working days of the start of the scheme month."
    "Suppliers should seek to ensure that vouchers reach customers within 11 working days of the start of the scheme month."

One would expect the energy providers to adhere to the guidelines.
  • 2 Replies

Level 91
    @Andy65

Good post. It will be easier to link to that now instead of searching for the government fact sheet every time.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 44
    @Andy65

Good post. It will be easier to link to that now instead of searching for the government fact sheet every time.

It's the kind of thing we used to do at work 20 years ago, a Summary or Guide to make it easy for people. Why it's so difficult for eon-next is beyond me, thanks again for finding the document @JoeSoap.