Eon electric readings don't match my actual meter

Level 1
    It all went wrong when we changed tariff to Next Drive Fixed V2 and admittingly it took us awhile to actually notice something wasn't right. After numerous phone calls and emails to Eon I am not getting a clear answer as to why the readings are so high and don't match what the meter says.

They said they had re billed from the start date of the EV tariff until 13 Sept so I can see the consumption as a whole.

7.62p/kWh 4429.1kWh £337.45 This is your total consumed on the night rate over 189 days
    29.22p/kWh 2283.2kWh £667.03 This is your total consumed on the day rate over 189 days
    Total 6712.3kWh This is the total UNITS used during 189 days

However when I have checked my actual meter readings it doesn't match up.
    March 17th – 21228.3
    Sept 20th – 24542.3
    This would mean total usage was 3314kwk.

Our car is 61kwh for a full charge and we never run it fully down, we can see each time we charge on the charger app and what is used. We have used a total of 2430kwh on the car charging in this period which would leave 884kwh for day time use.

Please can someone help me make sense of this! It is causing me so much stress and anxiety and I feel like I am going round in circles. Am I missing something? I am aware are consumption has gone up due to the car charging but it hasn't gone up by how much they are saying and the meter proves that. (Landis+Gyr E470 meter)

• 1 Reply

Level 32
    It all went wrong when we changed tariff to Next Drive Fixed V2 and admittingly it took us awhile to actually notice something wasn't right. After numerous phone calls and emails to Eon I am not getting a clear answer as to why the readings are so high and don't match what the meter says.

They said they had re billed from the start date of the EV tariff until 13 Sept so I can see the consumption as a whole.

7.62p/kWh 4429.1kWh £337.45 This is your total consumed on the night rate over 189 days
    29.22p/kWh 2283.2kWh £667.03 This is your total consumed on the day rate over 189 days
    Total 6712.3kWh This is the total UNITS used during 189 days

However when I have checked my actual meter readings it doesn't match up.
    March 17th – 21228.3
    Sept 20th – 24542.3
    This would mean total usage was 3314kwk.

Our car is 61kwh for a full charge and we never run it fully down, we can see each time we charge on the charger app and what is used. We have used a total of 2430kwh on the car charging in this period which would leave 884kwh for day time use.

Please can someone help me make sense of this! It is causing me so much stress and anxiety and I feel like I am going round in circles. Am I missing something? I am aware are consumption has gone up due to the car charging but it hasn't gone up by how much they are saying and the meter proves that. (Landis+Gyr E470 meter)
    @CharlotteEv - the best thing to do is download the Bright app and register your meters so you can view 13 months of your historical usage in graphical form, (which is read directly from the meter)

You can then log in to the app's parent website glowmarkt.com and download around 13mths of data in ½hrly; daily; monthly periods as required in CSV format which can then be read into an excel spreadsheet to show your usage, which makes it easy to calculate your costs and argue your case with EOn