Why hasn't my direct debt been applied to my account?

Level 45
    We have thousands of customers so having a system in place to show instant payments especially for direct debits will take some time to show on our system as cleared.

That is by design @Lee_EONNext and nothing to do with the amount of customers. Someone somewhere has taken a deliberate decision to have a system that delays the DD amount being shown as credited to the customers account by several days.

I know of two major companies that do the opposite, they show the DD amount as being credited at least 24 hours before the DD is actually taken. So it's clearly nothing to do with the number of customers.
    Level 91
    @Andy65

I have to say that I pay zero attention to when my DD is credited to my account, it seems to be important only in very particular circumstances.
    but I don’t see that there is any particular advantage to Eon Next in delaying things, although for clarity to customers any delay should be minimal.
    Current Eon Next customer, ex EDF, Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 31
    @Andy65

I have to say that I pay zero attention to when my DD is credited to my account, it seems to be important only in very particular circumstances.
    but I don’t see that there is any particular advantage to Eon Next in delaying things, although for clarity to customers any delay should be minimal.
    As per my earlier post, I suspect that delaying the application to your EOn account leaves you potentially with a higher debit balance showing on your account for that month, so may make them more likely to adjust your DD to a higher amount based on your calculated debit balance.

By bringing your payment forward by 5 days or so means that the credit has been applied to the account before it's calculated, so gives a better (credit) balance showing for that month.
    Last edited by geoffers; 31 Minutes Ago at 09:52.
    Community Team
    @Andy65 True, I've experienced this before with other companies however never with us. I have seen further delays caused by weekends and bank holidays. We have a timer with a pending clock next to it, if a payment failed for whatever reason it will show the next day on the payment run.

I will ask someone to see if there's a reason to why we delay. I guess my point is we can see it pending and it will clear providing the funds are there to be taken, there would be no late payment process or anything like that.

I understand why customers do want to see it next day or day of.
    Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over
    here!
    📣
    Level 91
    @geoffers

Perhaps you’re right but it rather marginal.

I do though remember a company that charged its inter related subsidiaries high prices than external organisations. Some clever people routed some orders to their own companies and then back to the proper subsidiaries and pocketed the difference. Another one routed the discarded rounding on calculations into their own account.