My new smart meter

Level 45
    That's ridiculous @geoffers that they are allowed to not fit or update to a dual rate meter.
    @Oversonneil If you do use the Bright app you can manually enter the tariff details ie the hours and prices for both rates. There's usually about a days lag in the app retrieving the data so it's not instantaneous but for example it would show you now the cost and usage for Sunday night down to 30 minute intervals.
    Level 30
    That's ridiculous @geoffers that they are allowed to not fit or update to a dual rate meter...
    The meter was fitted 5 years ago - not exactly EOn's fault it won't accept dual rate tariff information, but no reason to change as it's functioning correctly

@Oversonneil If you do use the Bright app.... There's usually about a days lag in the app retrieving the data so it's not instantaneous ...
    Not quite correct here - you can swipe down from the top of the Bright app to get it to update: not always instantaneous, so I assume it's sending an update request to the DCC which may be satisfied after some time delay.
    Level 5
    The meter was fitted 5 years ago - not exactly EOn's fault it won't accept dual rate tariff information, but no reason to change as it's functioning correctly

Not quite correct here - you can swipe down from the top of the Bright app to get it to update: not always instantaneous, so I assume it's sending an update request to the DCC which may be satisfied after some time delay.

Ive down loaded Bright and I’m receiving live up to date data now,
    Ive adjusted the tariff to add the night rate and the costing are now correct,
    it’s a shame I only have a single rate meter as it was only fitted on the 11/07/2024.
    so the handheld device is useless to me really.
    I’ll just stick with their app and bright to keep an eye on everything.

Neil
    Level 30
    it’s a shame I only have a single rate meter...so the handheld device is useless to me really.....
    Neil
    Agreed 👍, though in reality it will allow you to monitor real time cost of device usage during daytime hours (most people unlikely to look at their IHD after midnight 😀)
    Level 5
    Agreed 👍, though in reality it will allow you to monitor real time cost of device usage during daytime hours (most people unlikely to look at their IHD after midnight 😀)

yes your right, I don’t look at it after midnight but I was hoping I could use it to monitor you cost as I’ve just got the solar system and I’m trying to work out the best way to use it,
    Im using solar in the day and should be not import from grid but with only one reading I can check that’s correct.
    What I’m doing is at midnight I’m draining the battery to grid (I get 40p per KW) then between 4am and 7am fully charge battery at night rate 6.9p.
    This way I’m never using the day tariff from the grid,
    but with the incorrect tariff readings on the meter it’s showing a really high cost and difficult to see what I’m using day and night.

Neil