e-on website

Level 6
    every time when i tried to login to my account on e-on website i have that stupid error and i have to click 5-10 times try again before i can login. using chrome i don't know how this looks like on others webbrowser usually don't use them. And also I have 2 accounts is any chance to set somewhere default one? Name:  eon1.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  35.0 KB
  • 7 Replies

Level 45
    Hi @Waldi

Can you explain a bit more about your problem? If you're managing two accounts are you saying that you have two different log ins or are you managing both under one log in?
    If you are managing two accounts (ie at two different addresses) under one log in then you can switch between the two by selecting My Account then Switch Accounts.

Are you using Chrome to store/autofill your log in? If you are it might be worth clearing them and staring again. As you've said you can eventually log in that would suggest it's more of a mismatch with your log in details than an actual account issue.
    Level 6
    @Andy65
    Hi I using autofill login details. Is stored in passmanager in chrome. Is not important things so is ok. If i click few times button login or wait few minutes 2-3 then I finally login. For me it looks like login serwer is different then website serwer and is much slower. Or database where login details are kept is very slow. And if I usind vpn and forgot disconnecting will never login me.

I have 2 accounts in one address one import one export. Eon doing this way. I know how to switch. But always login me to export one which I need to see once a year. Looking setting where will be possible to set default account or something like that.
    Level 45
    I don't think you can change which account you see first yourself @Waldi, I think that you will need to contact Customer Services to see if they can change it. I assume that the export account was the latest account to be added and I think the latest account becomes the one you first see when you log in.

With the delay in logging in, I suffer with this when sometimes logging into this Community, it's only started to happen since I changed my broadband to EE from BT. It may be worth a reboot of your router, clearing cookies etc to see if that improves it.
    Level 6
    I dont think is broadband problem when I use edge i working a bit beter. Router is doing rebot every Saturday night. I feel like a beta tester sometimes
    Level 82
    Morning @Waldi Looking across the spectrum password managers commonly cause login problems similar to yours. Some are better than others, non are perfect. Regular housekeeping (clearing caches, cookies, etc and unwanted detritus) can give improved results.
    Level 30
    Morning @Waldi Looking across the spectrum password managers commonly cause login problems similar to yours. Some are better than others, non are perfect. Regular housekeeping (clearing caches, cookies, etc and unwanted detritus) can give improved results.
    This has been discussed here before, and agreed: password managers can contribute to these login in problems.

But ultimately the fault is probably in the validation routines in the particular site's login page.

Password validation should clean leading and trailing spaces; white noise characters etc such as line end terminating codes (0x0D; 0x0A etc) which may be erroneously left in a password string depending on different platforms being used (Windows; Unix; Android; Mac etc)

For instance if you add a trailing space (which is valid character) to your password, I bet your login would fail.

The fact that some people have problems with EOn's login but not with other sites tells me that the problem is with EOn's password validation.
    Level 82
    This has been discussed here before, and agreed: password managers can contribute to these login in problems.

But ultimately the fault is probably in the validation routines in the particular site's login page.

Password validation should clean leading and trailing spaces; white noise characters etc such as line end terminating codes (0x0D; 0x0A etc) which may be erroneously left in a password string depending on different platforms being used (Windows; Unix; Android; Mac etc)

For instance if you add a trailing space (which is valid character) to your password, I bet your login would fail.

The fact that some people have problems with EOn's login but not with other sites tells me that the problem is with EOn's password validation.
    Very true @geoffers and methinks it will rear it's ugly head many more times in the future. 😉
    By the by I've found an increasing number of sites where this problem occurs, not just EOn's. Hey ho until the next time 👴.