Meter Certification - Do I need my meter replaced?

Level 92
    For me it's the accuracy when it comes to billing.

I want to open my bill and be confident it's spot on and accurate.

I'm of the same mind but the whole ten seconds it takes me to read my meter remotely and enter a reading on my account is nothing compared to the time, trouble and angst folk need to go through when their smart meters don't work as advertised. I don't need to worry about meter accuracy as both the house and the office are sub-metered and a simple comparison of the sub meter readings (automated) against the meter in the meter box shows that the main meter is actually over reading by about 2kWh per year. In other words, well within the industry requirements for accuracy. In fact, better than most new meters, I'll bet.

Last edited by retrotecchie; 10 Hours Ago at 09:35.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Community Team
    @retrotecchie I read mine manually, my usage is fairly consistent too.

I do feel smart does have its place, horses for courses... However like everything 'technology' they do need to work as intended, there's work to do with this anyone will admit that.

Technology is amazing, until it doesn't work as expected 🤣 There has been a few on here that have issue's and we will always do our best for you and hopefully we have fixed majority of the issues people have had poor @JoeSoap and the IHD come to mind 😉 This is where he tell's me its down again 🤭
    Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over
    here!
    📣
    Level 91
    … poor @JoeSoap and the IHD come to mind 😉 This is where he tell's me its down again 🤭

Funny you should say that 🤔

Nah, all ok right now… I think 🤞
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 91
    @Lee_EONNext

my bills are accurate and have been for over 50 years because I submit the readings.

I note that you have swerved my question (trying for politics?) about whether I could have a new meter without a communications hub attached, which would then behave just as my current meter does, requiring a regular monthly reading submission. Its an entirely straightforward question and one that I think deserves a straightforward answer.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Community Team
    @meldrewreborn Not swerved your question at all, not something I would do. If I wasn't sure of the answer to something, I would tell you and find out 😊

We are only contacting people at this stage who will be having a working smart meter/comms hub. So in terms of your question - If your meter were to be faulty and the only option was for that meter to be installed in 'dumb/dummy mode' then we would replace that meter. The meter would still have a comms hub and who knows eventually the meter could become smart, potentially.

To add, If a smart meter can operate as a smart meter then that is what we would install, it's illegal for us to install smart meters that have functionality and then leave the meter in dummy mode. The only time we install in dummy mode is when there is no signal/NO WAN.

Thanks
    Community Team
    @JoeSoap Let's not jinx it & you know who to come to 🤣
    Last edited by Lee_EONNext; 5 Hours Ago at 14:28. Reason: Added info