Outrageous 1st bill from smartmeter

Community Team
    Hiya @davidfromhull 😊 welcome to our Community 😎

I'm sorry you've had to come here with bad news and that the service provided from us was not up to scratch! I can completely see why you were frustrated and I'm really sorry about that. But I'm delighted to hear that there was an explanation and now everything is back as it should be 😊 what I can do is feed this back to our team and question why the meter was installed with an open balance? Like you said, we want to prevent this happening for other customers too.

My DMs are also open if you wanted to chat and open up a complaint, I'll leave that in your hands 🤝 .

A huge thanks to all of our members for helping you out on this one. ⭐@retrotecchie @meldrewreborn @WizzyWigg @Andy65 @Mailman @JoeSoap - A huge welcome and thank you to @ANN8619
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈
    Level 3
    Hi - I have this exact same issue at the moment!

how did you prove that the meter didn’t start at 0? I am speaking to Eon and they take the white tag marked with start read of 0000 as hard evidence that it did start there…
    Level 83
    @Trianglify One thing you can do is to put a formal complaint into Eon Next at unhappy@eonnext.com listing all the facts and figures possible. Go back through your statements. The more information you can put together the better.
    If nothing is resolved in 8 weeks you can take it to the ombudsman. Did you take a reading from the old meter before removal as that would be useful.
    Last edited by WizzyWigg; 12 Hours Ago at 11:07. Reason: Spelling mistake
    Level 3
    @WizzyWigg I have the reading of the old meter which the engineer took

I made a complaint and updated it today with a link to this thread

The problem I have is that my smart meter is non- communicating as they say there’s no WAN coverage so I can’t extract the historical data myself using any third party apps

will see if I can deadlock the complaint to escalate it quicker
    Level 83
    @WizzyWigg I have the reading of the old meter which the engineer took

I made a complaint and updated it today with a link to this thread

The problem I have is that my smart meter is non- communicating as they say there’s no WAN coverage so I can’t extract the historical data myself using any third party apps

will see if I can deadlock the complaint to escalate it quicker
    Have you been with Eon Next for long? Statements which carry readings and usage can be found in your online account. That would give you historical usage and proof. I know it is a lot of faffing about.
    Do keep the forum updated with how this pan out. All the best.