Gas suddenly not displaying on Ivie Bud IHD

View Tag Cloud
    Level 10
    @Lee_EONNext Further to my previous reply, please see attached email just received from Kyle, this is not acceptable without assurances that all efforts have been made by Eon to reconnect the IHD, also see my response:-

Thank you for this reply, I would like to remind you that the Ivie Bud was recommended by Eon when their IHD stopped working, they sent me the link to purchase it!
    I would also remind you that it was working without issue until you put through the updated tariff, which I asked you not to do, as I knew something like this would happen!
    Your email is not acceptable and needs clarification, are you stating that your smart meter team have confirmed everything is working at your end and it is categorically a fault with the IHD, caused by your update?
    I have involved Ivie but need reassurance the fault is not at your end and all investigations have been completed.
    Please co-ordinate your response with @Lee on the community forum.

------ Original Message ------
    From: "Kyle from E.ON Next" <kyle.price@eon-next-cabac46b5ea2.intercom-mail.com>
    To: kevin.furness@btinternet.com
    Sent: Wednesday, 20 Dec, 2023 At 12:22
    Subject: Re: Re: TrustPilot review

Hello there,
    Thank you for this as looking at the photo this is a third party IHD by IVIE BUD and for this would would need to contact them directly regarding this on this email customercare@ivie.com.
    We would be unable to do anything further.
    Thanks,
    Your E.ON next guy,
    Kyle
    Kyle
    E.ON Next
    Level 10
    @JoeSoap Hi again, I'm being told all ok at Eon end and must be a fault with my IHD, this IHD "The Ivie Bud" was purchased on recommendation of Eon after theirs stopped working, have you had this issue and how do you prove it's the IHD at fault when it was working fine until they tampered with the update, so frustrating.
    Level 92
    @KevinF

If the gas meter is measuring gas, sending readings to E.On Next and showing up on the Citizens Advice checker and your electricity meter is showing the same behaviour then the issue is likely to be at your end. The gas meter sends data to the hub half hourly through its 'gas proxy' feature and not directly to your IHD so it's unlikely to be an actual IHD issue, but rather a configuration of the gas proxy.

Whether that has somehow been 'corrupted' by any update I can't say for sure, but it is theoretically possible. My only suggestion is to unpair the Ivie Bud from your HAN and then try re-pairing it again. The Ivie Bud website should be able to assist with that. It might be that re-pairing solves the problem and allows the Bud to restore any settings it needs from the meters.

You could try the Bright or Hugo apps to see if they are getting any historical gas data.

It may also be that the gas meter battery is a bit low so is only allowing DCC reads to be polled rather then sending routine half hourly data to be sent across the HAN. Most gas meters have a button to wake them up, and there is often a battery status display on the meter. If the main battery drops below a certain threshold, communications suffer first so that any remaining battery is used for the metering itself.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 10
    @retrotecchie Thanks for this will Eon Next pickup if battery is low and how do I take readings if it dies?
    I've just checked there is no battery indicator and meter was installed approx 2 years ago, will Eon know if it is going flat, they seem to have stopped assisting me?
    Last edited by KevinF; 20-12-23 at 14:15.
    Level 92
    @KevinF

The meter should 'phone home' if it has battery issues. Whether E.On Next read any alerts and act on them is another question entirely. Even if the battery is too low to communicate, it will still allow manual readings for a few more months.
    Level 56
    @KevinF

From time to time one/both of my utilities drops out from the IHD (same device as yours) but always comes back within 24 hours if I let the IHD battery drain before reconnecting back to the plug. Sorry to hear you having issues with your ivie Bud but is this device showing your actual meter readings (within the options) esp the missing gas?
    Last edited by Mailman; 20-12-23 at 15:13.
    Level 91
    @JoeSoap Hi again, I'm being told all ok at Eon end and must be a fault with my IHD, this IHD "The Ivie Bud" was purchased on recommendation of Eon after theirs stopped working, have you had this issue and how do you prove it's the IHD at fault when it was working fine until they tampered with the update, so frustrating.

I think I linked before to the ‘short version’ of my saga but just in case…

https://community.eonnext.com/threads/7173-IHD-Tariff-Update-Request-More-Troublesome-Than-Normal?p=37193&viewfull=1#post37193

As you will see, @Lee_EONNext stepped in to help as he has with your case. I think you will need to wait until the new year until he has a further look at things but he won’t desert you.

My experience is a distant memory now and I still don’t know what fixed things in the end. Maybe it just came right… who knows.

My biggest concern is always being able to read the meters correctly (or have them read) and those readings being used to generate an accurate bill. I think it will all come right for you as it did me but it can stretch your patience for sure.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Community Team
    @KevinF Hi

I'm still here, it's just me today so my replies will take longer than usual.

We would always advise you discuss with customer services as replies from us here on the Community might not be as fast as expected, the Community is not a customer service platform in the sense that we work customer queries in the same way our customer service teams would, we do step in if we need to, however reading Kyle's response it would suggest his findings are that the IHD is faulty and needs to be replaced, which he's given you the email for. This isn't me saying I wont help, we will of course, however we may take longer than customer service to do so.

Can you pop me your account details via DM please and I will have a look at whats been advised by the team.

If the team is suggesting the Ivie bud is faulty then it would be down to the manufacturer to replace that IHD, we recommend that device because we know it's compatible and some IHD's are not.

What I can do is try an update again, you would then need to allow the device to run it's battery down and allow a hard reset to take place, have you reset the device at all?

If the above fails with me doing it then you would need to contact the email listed by Kyle and request a replacement due to this being faulty, you have 12 months warranty on the device etc.

When we had this issue with @JoeSoap initially we thought the issue was the IHD, however it was the meter not showing the correct tariff with the IHD copying the meter, yours to me @KevinF sounds like a faulty IHD. I have based this on the reply from Kyle but like I said above pop me a DM and I will double check everything for you.
    Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over
    here!
    📣
    Community Team
    @JoeSoap 100% spot on here, if anything in this situation, Ivie Bud will just replace the IHD, I will obviously give it a once over to make sure what's been advised is correct. If we are unable to fix the tariff Ivie bud will just replace the device, which with yours we had other issues.