Query about Smart meter appointments

Level 1
    Hi all,
    Im not sure if anyone can answer this but, I'm having a Smart meter installed tomorrow between 8am - 4pm but has anyone got a idea of how long the engineer will normally ring you before they will turn up?
    Only as don't want to miss them if I nip to shop or something etc.
    Thanja if anyone can help me but its probably going to be an answer like hiw long us a piece of string!
    But thought I'd ask anyway.
    Thanks for reading this and if you can help Thanks
    John
  • 2 Replies

Level 91
    @Jp2323

It’s only a guess but some jobs will take longer than others so you will probably get the call when the engineer finishes the job before yours. The notice period will depend upon how far they have to travel to get to you. If you have been given a phone number then give it a buzz to see if you can get that huge time slot narrowed down a bit.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Community Team
    Hi @Jp2323

I hope your Smart Meter appointment went well! Did the engineer give you a call when they were on their way?

Our engineers/partner engineers may call when they're 15-30 minutes away, but this can't be guaranteed unfortunately. You'll usually have a 4 hour time-slot where yourself, or someone else over the age of 18 would need to be available for.

Let us know how it went! 😄
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here