EON Next App issues

Level 29
    Morning @geoffers😊 Thank you so much for sharing this... I'll feed this back to the App team to see if this is a known issue and see if we can find out what's going on! 🤔
    Hi @Anasa_EONNext - a couple of other things you might want to pass on to the App team which don't inspire confidence in the App (maybe it's me being too pedantic/picky)

1. Google Playstore claims it won't work on any of my devices
    2. Name:  Screenshot_20230926-070133_Via.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  22.7 KB
    3. It installs and runs fine on my OnePlus phone
    4. It doesn't allow loading on the Lenovo tablet from Playstore for some reason, however if I load the phone's APK installation file on the tablet it runs OK
    5. The permission details in Playstore talk about USB storage, whereas mobile devices have internal storage and extended storage using SD card memory, not USB (they may however also access USB storage via USB-on-the-go (OTG) interface)
    6. Name:  Screenshot_2023-09-26-11-48-43-99_754cf9a4094c34a8eeb04648e2e3eb8d.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  29.1 KB
    Last edited by geoffers; 26-09-23 at 11:00.
    Community Manager
    Hey @geoffers You can never be too picky 🤣it's all worth a look if we can improve things for our customers and we know what's going wrong or if we can spot something that could be effecting a good few people and try and nip it in the bud - thank you! 😊
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣

Level 81
    Hi @Anasa_EONNext - a couple of other things you might want to pass on to the App team which don't inspire confidence in the App (maybe it's me being too pedantic/picky)

1. Google Playstore claims it won't work on any of my devices
    2. Name:  Screenshot_20230926-070133_Via.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  22.7 KB
    3. It installs and runs fine on my OnePlus phone
    4. It doesn't allow loading on the Lenovo tablet from Playstore for some reason, however if I load the phone's APK installation file on the tablet it runs OK
    5. The permission details in Playstore talk about USB storage, whereas mobile devices have internal storage and extended storage using SD card memory, not USB (they may however also access USB storage via USB-on-the-go (OTG) interface)
    6. Name:  Screenshot_2023-09-26-11-48-43-99_754cf9a4094c34a8eeb04648e2e3eb8d.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  29.1 KB
    Hi @geoffers. You probably have but then again you might not have seen this:

https://developer.android.com/guide/...l%20your%20app.

I wonder half the time whether it's more good old GP who determine compatibility. I've over the years sideloaded many apk's in devices where GP said not compatible. 🤔

I think USB storage in respect to apps is a legacy phrase that is used in the majority of permission declarations. Willing to be proved wrong. Strange I know. 😉
    Last edited by WizzyWigg; 26-09-23 at 13:00.
    Community Manager
    Love this @WizzyWigg deffo worth a gander for those Android users! Technology is not on my side I can't keep up with all these latest App versions etc! I learn something new every day for sure! 😂
    Level 81
    Love this @WizzyWigg deffo worth a gander for those Android users! Technology is not on my side I can't keep up with all these latest App versions etc! I learn something new every day for sure! 😂
    Hi @Anasa_EONNext truth be told apps are more trouble than they're worth. There's probably only a few worth having and one of those is a decent browser. Which is there more for times when the WiFi goes down. 🤣. We've gone a little app crazy 🤪.
    Last edited by WizzyWigg; 26-09-23 at 18:09.