Full Direct Debit taken.

Level 13
    @JoeSoap Yep. That's life I'm afraid, and the snide way they go about coercing you in to paying upfront more than you actually use is a bad joke.

Would you got to a restaurant and pay the full bill for food you hadn't decided you wanted and then claim the difference back a few months after you had eaten? No of course you wouldn't. Many have allowed themselves been conditioned into accepting this corporate abuse by energy companies. Unfortunately that model is now being adopted everywhere. Supermarkets offering discounts if you pay for your monthly grocery bills by direct debit LOL. Oh yeah, thats happening.

Use energy, get a bill for what you have used, and pay it. Thats the way it should be. This idea that people are saving money paying by DD is a ruse so they can just make more themselves.
    Level 13
    I dont spend ages trying to beg money back off them. And Im willing to pay the proper price, not allow myself to get artificially bribed to have my savings sit in their bank account rather than mine.
    Level 92
    @MAW

As I say, I pay on receipt of bill by DD so when they take my payment, my account is cleared. None of my money 'sits' in their account. My bills are just £200 less a year that way.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 13
    @retrotecchie Wow. £200 a year 'less'. That makes economic sense, NOT. Do the sums, work it out. How on earth can that make economic sense unless theres a wider agenda at work here. They will offer people stupid-level discounts like that to pay by DD, then when 90% are onboard they will shut off the ability to make manual payments saying "nobody wants that anymore". Then you wont have any choice, then that £200 'saving' will just disappear.

Is it really, really not obvious? In a funny sort of way, you need people like me who refuse to fall for it, to keep the manual payment option alive. Thats the only thing keeping that £200 "saving" going LOL.
    Level 92
    @MAW

We aren't getting a 'discount'. You are just being charged extra. But you do it your way, I'll do it mine.
    Level 91
    @MAW

Each to their own, I suppose. My energy account is one thing I don’t get in a lather about right now. We can choose what suits us. As long as we’re happy, eh? 😁
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 13
    @MAW

We aren't getting a 'discount'. You are just being charged extra. But you do it your way, I'll do it mine.

Yes its a discount. Its a quite clearly a form of 'reward' (like how they train animals with food) to change behaviour away from paying manually, which they cant control. If you think for one second that £200 difference will stay there once the ability to pay manually is gone, then that's quite laughable.

When that happens, you'll be all up in arms (as the shoulder shruggers often are when it all goes Pete Tong for them), but dont say you werent told.

Because you do it your way, it will mean I soon wont be able to do it mine.
    Level 13
    @MAW

Each to their own, I suppose. My energy account is one thing I don’t get in a lather about right now. We can choose what suits us. As long as we’re happy, eh? 😁

Not in a lather about huge energy companies ripping as all off blind? Wow. Whatever it is, I want some of it.... or is it a lottery win? a vast inheritance perhaps? :D
    Level 91
    …or is it a lottery win? a vast inheritance perhaps? :D

I wish 🤞

Energy is expensive and we have to pay for it. I can’t be certain I’m being ripped off and if so, by whom. We do have some choices though. I’m happy with fixed DD to help spread the cost. I’m happy to build up a credit balance and claim some back when it gets too high.

If I have an average credit balance of even £1000 throughout the year I might forfeit £50 tops in interest. If I pay on receipt of bill I pay perhaps £250 extra a year. I’ve done the maths.
    Last edited by JoeSoap; 07-03-23 at 14:01. Reason: Spelling
    Community Team
    Hey guys 😊.

How you choose to pay is absolutely your choice! Yes, we do have a direct debit discount @MAW - but that is not a 'reward' 😊.

Sometimes customers choose to pay by direct debit for all sorts of reasons. For some, it enables you to manage your money better and for others it is automatic so you don't forget to pay your bill (just some examples)! But I agree in that everyone has the right to a choice; if a DD works for you - go for it! But if that doesn't work for you - then you shouldn't have to!
    @JoeSoap is absolutely right, and your DD will be made up from all different factors 😊. @oldagetraveller that explanation is a bit 👖, but don't worry as we can get this sorted! Did the CS agent get back to you at all after passing it on to our 'billing team' ?
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈