Direct Debit increase this month (or next month) after last £67 Gov payment?

@PeterS

Given the amount of your normal DD, and normal monthly consumption, your credit balance is enormous. As @meldrewreborn says, the monthly DD would almost definitely take into account any debit balance but I still question whether a credit balance is considered. I can't believe Eon Next have kept so much of your money. The credit balance is yours to claim back but I understand that they would want more evidence of the meter reading other than a customer read one. It's shocking that they haven't read your meter for 18 months and I see above that you've requested it be read in order to get your account in order. It may be you will have to contact customer service in order to get this done rather than rely on the forum staff... but you never know. Good luck with it.

Thanks again @JoeSoap and @meldrewreborn ,

I have repeatedly requested a formal meter reading under the terms of the PSR from customer services (via e-mail and phone) to no avail.

The last 'excuse' they gave was that because I get my daughter or neighbour to read my meter monthly and submit the readings, it doesn't get 'picked up' for a quarterly reading under the PSR.

The reason we read the meter monthly and submit the results monthly is that they (eon.next) send me an e-mail every month demanding it!

Yet, they won't accept these readings for a refund (nor obviously send a meter reader), yet the readings are good enough to bill me upon!

To be honest, I am getting to the point of simply sending them a 'Notice before Legal Action' demanding a refund of at least £1300.00 and if there is no response to that within 21 days, submitting a Money Claim online through the county court.

But I shouldn't have to go through this entire rigmarole just to get my own money back. It is of far more use to me sat in my 5% deposit account than in eon.nexts 0% trough!
    Last edited by PeterS; 06-03-23 at 16:16.
    Level 91
    @PeterS

This is very frustrating for you as you’re being sent round in circles with the meter reading debacle. Perhaps you should raise a complaint via email to unhappy@eonnext.com. You could always link them to this thread to avoid explaining it all again.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Community Manager
    Hello @PeterS Anasa here 👋 it does sound like you're in a bit of a pickle with this and I can see that you've had some great help from our members so far on here!

It's correct that you can only reduce your Direct Debit on line by 10% however if you get in touch with us we'll review your account and reduce it down to the correct amount for you so it doesn't have to be set at the amount it is currently. We'd never want to take more money that is needed to cover your energy usage.

From what you've said your meter was last read in February is that correct? 🤔 If so was that read by you or by us?

If you're not able to get pictures of your meter this is fine it's just easier if you have but not essential especially if your daughter is able to get us up to date reads we'll be able to refund your credit for you.

If we've failed to read your meter in the last quarter/year then this is something we need to look into further so please get in touch. We'll need a few more details from you that you can't provide on the forum, in the mean time please pop back with any further helpful information and we can see what we can assist you further 😊
    Last edited by Anasa_EONNext; 06-03-23 at 22:04.
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣