No gas no help

View Tag Cloud
    Level 5
    I moved in to this property 14/11 and eon was supplier so stayed with them worst decisions ever!

to start I’ve been paying previous tenant debt on the account, that was then cleared but I’ve been waiting weeks for new key/ card and all they are giving me is a code to go to a shop for a new card when one was supposed to be sent out!

I am currently without a gas supply, No heating And I have an infant and a sick child! And the best they can do if a form and maybe someone will come help tomorrow. Either that or I’ll get s new code that’s still doesn’t work. What fo I be how fo I get my supply back on asap?
    Last edited by Sammimullen93; 11-12-22 at 05:11. Reason: Wrong tags
  • 19 Replies

Level 92
    @Sammimullen93

If you were given an RTI code, you should have been able to get a replacement card. You need to follow the instructions they gave you very carefully or it will not work.
    @Anasa_EONNext or @PeterT_EONNext may be able to advise further.
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 11-12-22 at 09:20. Reason: Tags
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 5
    @retrotecchieive I’ve done everything they have asked me to do and it’s not worked. I had to go over a mile to find a shop that supplied a new card and I don’t drive they we’re supposed to have sent one out the week I moved in and I’m still waiting for that one too.
    Level 92
    @Sammimullen93

I appreciate your situation especially with Young children and one not so well, but an RTI code applied to a new card should have worked.

Did you actually get a new card from the shop? You say it didn't work...in what way didn't it work?

When they give you an RTI number, take it to payzone terminal but not until you have waited for at least two hours or it WILL NOT be valid.

Once you have a new card, programmed with the RTI code, you do NOT put any credit on the card, but go home and use the card to reset your meter. Only when this has been successfully completed fan you then top up the card and get credit.

Ok, two trips to the shop...pain in the backside for you without a car, but that's how it works. Nothing to do with E.On but a function of how prepay meters work, I'm afraid. Had they sent a card out, which I expect they probably did, but it's caught up in postal backlogs, you would have still had to use it to reprogram the meter, and then go to the shop for a top up.

Community Manager
    @Sammimullen93 I'm sorry to hear that you are without supply, have you followed all of the steps @retrotecchie advised?

If so when you are trying the code is it coming back with an error on the receipt? if so please send us a pic so we can get you help as fast as we can.

I can see that a key has been sent out to you a few days ago so should be with you this week, it can take 3-5 working days and the code should have tide you over in the mean time so we'll have to work out what has happened.

Also if you contact us out of hours for an emergency the process is we fill out a form and one of our engineers will call you the next day to arrange to come out to you so looks like you are doing all the right things, our lines don't open until after 9.30 so you should be hearing from the engineer shortly 😊
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣

Level 5
    @Anasa_EONNext I’ve just had a conversation with an agent who’s has just told me that eon next don’t not see having no gas or a work payg card as an emergency and I’ve been told to go buy an electric heater and just sit and wait! Scottish gas have emergency call out 24 7 so I’ll be move asap shocking service!
    Level 5
    I was told I’d get a card sent out by dpd so that it would be effected but any postal strikes, 1-2 days I was told and it’s not come.
    Community Manager
    @Sammimullen93 That's good that its going via DPD hopefully your key with be with you a lot sooner, although you do need to remember that other couriers are not striking but due to christmas rush most couriers are still experiencing slight delays.

Also it is true that gas is not always considered an emergency unless you were a gas only property we do prioritise electricity over gas as an essential and if you do have to use extra electricity to keep warm we can make sure we apply enough credit to tide you over. We do have 24/7 emergency call out but not everything is classed as emergency and we'll find ways of trying to make sure your home is heated whilst we get an engineer out to you as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Anasa_EONNext; 11-12-22 at 11:02.
    Level 5
    The card was sent on 8/11 it’s done me no good and for a company to tell you to sit and wait with not way to keep your kids warm except to go but an electric heater and run my electric down which I still have no new key for either! Because they failed to send that out too!
    Community Manager
    @Sammimullen93 I'm sorry to hear that you are not having with the solutions offered, I can see that a complaint is raised for you, as I said we would not expect you to run down your own money, but the money you would have used to top up your gas can be used for the electricity instead to help tide you over and if you needed extra help topping up because you are using more electricity we can give you that help.

It is a case of collecting a new card or waiting for the one via DPD to be sent its not a case where we would sent out an engineer I'm afraid. It sounds like you have already collected a new card? did you follow the instructions given by @retrotecchie? as this is the quickest way to get you back on supply.
    Last edited by Anasa_EONNext; 11-12-22 at 11:16.