No gas no help

View Tag Cloud
    Level 5
    I know you just trying to help but I’ve been try to get my gas back on supply sine 5:30 last night and all I’ve been told is sorry you but can’t help you. I have a chronic incurable illness, and two sick kids now at home with no way to keep them warm but it’s not an emergency. I have no way to top up my electric just they same as I can not top up my gas. No has given me my new key and card so once my electric is out that’s it!
    Level 91
    @Anasa_EONNext

may I respectfully suggest that a senior member of staff review this case and firstly get @Sammimullen93 fully on supply for both fuels, then arrange for some compensation, then review the appalling customer service to identify the weaknesses and errors in handling this matter to enable significant improvements to be made in future.

I stay out of these cases as much as possible because I have no direct experience of prepayment meters, gas or electric, smart or traditional, but it doesn’t take anyone much time to recognise catastrophic customer service when they see it. Is there no system of escalation of a case where customers have been off supply for so long?
    There must be a tried and trusted process for getting new occupants on supply, yet there doesn’t appear to be. Often customers will be new to prepayment so largely unaware of the detailed and seemingly precise steps to be followed, so what steps does E.On Next take to ensure things go smoothly? Clearly not enough.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Community Manager
    @meldrewreborn Thank you for reaching out, I can assure that everything has been done and offered in this situation and a complaint is already raised on the account, raising this to senior member of staff will not change the process or situation I'm afraid, we are all universal agents and trained as equals to deal with these matters, if you mean experienced member of staff I've been here 20 plus years, we have also offered customer credit if she needs to use more electricity whilst waiting to get her on supply for her gas, also we don't have the final say on what is classed as an emergency or when an engineer can get to a property.

The customer is still on supply for her electricity so an engineer would not be sent out whilst there is still electric being supplied at the property, if the customer completely runs out of electricity and they are not able to get a new card and have shown evidence of this either an error or shops have not cards we would then be able to ask for an engineer to come out to get the customer back on supply for her electricity, gas alone with an electricity supply is not classed as an emergency 😊

We do have a process in place but as mentioned in a previous post here there are different parts of the process and different reasons why things may not go to plan.
    Last edited by Anasa_EONNext; 11-12-22 at 14:35.
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣

Level 91
    @Anasa_EONNext

Can you say that you are proud of the way this has been dealt with? When electricity is 3.5 times the price of gas the lack of priority to gas problems costs the customer dearly.

while E.On Next claims to be a new company it doesn’t seem to have new ideas for solving old problems, and therefore putting customer satisfaction as a prime performance indicator is called for.

My criticism of customer service was and is general not personal, but if all agents are equally trained then why is this case such a mess? And non prioritisation of Gas problems might be acceptable in the summer but in winter must be a policy that should be ditched. Perhaps that could be elevated as an issue.
    Level 92
    @meldrewreborn

Seconded
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Community Team
    Hi @meldrewreborn

I have to admit, although everyone is trained to deal with the emergencies and issues relating to being off supply, customer service has fallen short on this occasion, and that isn't acceptable.

I can see @Sammimullen93 that there is a complaint raised and it looks like this is being dealt with for you today, please let us know how you've got on, as it looks like an engineer visit may have been arranged today for you.
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 5
    Thank so much for seeing my side of this it’s honestly disgusting how I have been treated . I’m still waiting on the new gas card that still has not arrive and tomorrow will be day 10!

I have been calling and on social media trying to get help and I’ve literally been left 3 days with no response on any of these platforms. And then I mentioned no supply and within 1 minutes I get someone on WhatsApp. But then all they are saying is I need to wait for the card, but they have no way to track this dpd parcel.

I have three kids one only a baby 1 week before Christmas and I’m told to go get an electric heater and just wait for the card that may never show up.

I had spoke to Simon Monday who had book an engineer to do a credit meter exchange but the job was not sent through correctly so the engineer could not do it. That happened 3 times! All the engaged the equipment and said it would take 29 minutes. All this would be resolved if they just changed the meter over but no I have to wait till 28th if it’s even booked correctly but going by the experience I’ve had so far I doubt it’s done right.

I asked how much money they are wasting sending engineers out but not resolving the issue compared to just changing the meter oven when I was told it would happen. I’m literally having to beg/fight for eon to supply gas to my home as its something that can be fixed in 20 minutes! (Replace to credit meter) But I’m getting no help and they used the cop out excuse Force Majeure which does not apply here as it’s not a war or pandemic it’s lack of a company’s competence and ability to complete a task and supply gas to a property.
    Level 5
    This issue has NOT been resolved! you have admitted that yous have fallen short in the service provided a week ago how bad is it that’s it’s still falling short a week later! Our supply is still intermittent due to yous not exchanging the meter as promised!
    Level 92
    Guaranteed Standards of Service

Guaranteed Standards of Service - Its a promise to our customer that when an appointment is booked, we will arrive as and when we say we will and complete the appointment. If we don’t then the customer may be entitled to a payment of £30.00.

If the £30.00 for an appointment failure isn't applied within 10 working days, the customer will then also be entitled to a further £30.00.
    Level 5
    Well I’ve had 3 engineers come this week and not complete the task I was told they were here for and two that never turned up in the 3-4 hour time period so I’m sure I’m due something?