Complaints

Level 3
    I have made a complaint about my smart meters not updating to the new tariffs, but have not had a reply or even an acknowledgement that the complaint has been received. I have sent the complaint twice now and have heard nothing.
    May I respectfully ask why?
    Ever since my account has been moved from Eon to Eon next i have had nothing but problems, and the customer service department have not been helpful at all. All I get are "apologies" and being told things will happen, and nothing ever does.
    I have sent 2 e-mails to the unhappy email address, both with no reply at all, and have also tried the WhatsApp account, but again absolutely nothing.
    This is now my last hope of getting anywhere, and if this fails I will be passing the complaint on to the energy ombudsman.
    At this present moment tin time I have absolutely no faith in Eon Next as a company. Because my smart meters are not being updated, am I in fact being charged the correct rate? I have no idea.
    I am a disabled person, living on my own, and to be honest I don't expect to be ignored by one of the largest energy companies in the country...... or so they say!!!
  • 7 Replies

Level 91
    @Rickmac01

This is a common issue and it can take a while for your IHD to update after a tariff change. It’s not ideal but normally it is easily done by contacting customer service.

They are currently overwhelmed and it can take many days to get a response, again this is not ideal but understandable given all the changes on 1st October.

You can check your actual tariff in your online account and this is what your bills will be based on as the meter will just send readings in units.

You will get a response to your complaint I’m sure and if a resolution can’t be agreed then you can of course take it further.

I’m afraid buckets of patience is required right now.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 3
    @Rickmac01

Thanks for the reply. In some ways I understand, and yes I know it must be busy for them, but there are 2 points here.

Its now been 13 days since my rates have changed, and I personally think that is more than enough time for what they say are "automated systems" to have done this.

As for their customer service, yes they may be busy, but they have known that this would have been the case for some time, and perhaps should have done more preparation for this event, I know other energy companies have. But not to have at least sent some sort of acknowledgement, even if automated, to assure that they have received the complaint. That I believe is totally unacceptable.
    Level 91
    @Rickmac01

I fully understand your frustration. If you have WhatsApp you could try that. I sent one on Monday and got an immediate response asking for personal account details. No further reply as yet but at least I know they've received it.
    Level 3
    @Rickmac01

Update on my problem. Overnight my electricity tariffs have been updated. BUT, my gas tariff remains the same. This makes me believe more that there is a problem with my gas meter, which I reported back in April, and Eon Next said they would not do anything as they were receiving data from it. But they did ask me to take a reading, and when I explained that I couldn't because the display was damaged (the LCD screen was mainly black), again I heard nothing else from them. I didn't pursue this any further, as I was able to use the smart meter display to find the information. But these recent problems now make me think perhaps the meter isnt working properly at all.
    @JoeSoap

Thanks for the comment. Yes I have tried WhatsApp, and like you got the same response, and am still awaiting a reply.
    Level 91
    @Rickmac01

I will tag @theunknowntech who is our volunteer meter expert and can perhaps offer some advice on this one.
    Level 78
    Please show me photos. I already have a recommendation in mind but I'd like to check first.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 91
    @Rickmac01

Are you on the priority services register?

Can you take and post a photo of the actual meter? Or can somebody do it for you?
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.