Energy discount of £400

Level 91
    @John2020

Government guidelines state that suppliers must seek to ensure customers receive vouchers within 11 working days of the start of the month. You should receive them by next Monday the 17th October.

See Para 5.48 in the link below…
    https://assets.publishing.service.go...-suppliers.pdf
    Level 5
    Yes, but I won't use all of the discount I receive each month. So I may, by my estimation, by the end of March have a prepayment of £120 left on my electricity meter that I cannot touch. That will eventually be used of course.

In the meantime I have no sort of discount on my gas account for the winter. (That is a "normal" meter). As things stand it is my intention to leave my central heating off this winter if I can. Certainly for as long as I can.

I used to be a quarterly bill customer for gas. I didn't consent to it being made monthly, however, in light of what has been happening of late politically (which in my opinion was entirely avoidable and not the fault of energy suppliers) it seems better to keep a closer eye on bills.
    Last edited by John2020; 11-10-22 at 13:12.
    Level 5
    @JoeSoap Yes, by which time I will have had to top it up again, as if there won't be too much going into it anyway.
    Level 5
    I would just like to thank ALL those who have taken the time and trouble to respond to my initial questions. I apologise that some of my replies have been somewhat terse.

There has been no official communication from EON regarding this scheme.
    Last edited by John2020; 11-10-22 at 13:14.
    Level 91
    @John2020

Sorry that the way the scheme is administered doesn’t suit your needs. Once you start getting your vouchers you can look forward to 8 or 9 months free electricity as you will use less than the £400 assistance in the first six months.

All the best to you.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 5
    @JoeSoap No it doesn't suit me. I still don't see why this has to be a problem for suppliers. Cancel the vouchers. Put the relevant sum on my gas account. Easy.

And not only is it easy, it saves money in printing vouchers, it saves the Royal Mail having to deliver it, and it saves my and Post Office staff time.

I am not wealthy, but I am self employed. I don't especially like being manipulated in this way by government. I didn't ask for this handout. If the government of this country did their job properly, ensuring that we always had good and reliable sources of energy - wherever they came from - we would not be in this mess!
    Last edited by John2020; 11-10-22 at 15:03.
    Level 91
    @John2020

As explained above, this is the way they've dealt with the Warm home discount, albeit on a smaller scale. The issue has probably been gone over many times before and people have had to adapt, and E.On Next haven't.

I think that prepayment customers get a raw deal from energy suppliers all around. But it's clear that the energy suppliers will not change this unless they are forced to. And the only way that will happen is if OFGEM forces them to change, and that will only happen if the Government put pressure on OFGEM. A Martin Lewis campaign might bear fruit. In the meantime complain to your MP but make it clear that you don't want to know why they do it as they do, you want your MP to campaign for change. You MP passing on a reply from the Energy under minister confirming the status quo is not what is required.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    @John2020

Beki here 👋 I understand that you are frustrated however, the people that you are talking to on the forum here are volunteers (except those with EONNext at the end of their name). Please refrain from being angry or rude towards them as they are trying their very best to help and support you with your prepayment voucher issues.

In these situations, the type of electric meter in the property dictates how you get the EBSS (same goes for the warm home discount too if eligible). We can raise this as a complaint for you and it will be fed back to the teams. I understand you wanted to keep things out in public, but members of the Community Team have reached out to you already, so please let them know if you would like a complaint opened.
    Level 9
    @PeterT_EONNext
    I'm a dual fuel customer with traditional prepayment meters for both gas and electricity. Why is it that I, amongst a lot of other customers, STILL haven't received anything including no response from the emails I have sent nor a reply from their social media groups? And why are customers who pay IN ADVANCE on prepayment meters treated differently from those who get credit? Where's the equality?

Eon needs to change their attitude and show some respect towards their customers.
    Community Team
    Hi @Tiberius

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration over the situation with your Energy Bills Support Scheme vouchers, and that you haven't yet heard back from anyone yet. The social media teams and those that will respond to your emails are quite behind currently so it may take some time before you get a response I'm afraid.

You should have received an email on or around the 16th September, which mentions about the price changes, the Energy Price Guarantee and the Energy Bills Support Scheme. In this email, it's explained (and should be worded so for yourself) that between October and March, you'll receive £400 worth of vouchers. There will be a link in this email which takes you to our website, which then further explains that you should receive the vouchers by the middle of each month.

Your voucher will be on its way to you. If you have a prepayment gas and electricity meter, you'll have the option how you'd like to split this across your key/card at the post office.
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here