What kind of smart meter is this?

Community Team
    Morning @dazzlr 😴

So in regards to the IHD, E.ON Next do not replace any IHD's that are out of warranty (2 years) so we will not be sorting one out for you this time.
    If you have moved into the property and there has not been one left then that is of the home owners responsibility to contact the previous tanant to get it back - the IHD will not be compatable with other meters. However, we do have a partnership with the Ivie Bud. Please have a check to see if your meters are compatible and you can purchase one to use as a replacement 😊.

🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈
    Level 5
    Thanks @Han_EONNext. Why can I not buy a replacement IHD from you? I'm not looking for handout's here, just a solution to a problem not of my making. It makes sense that EON should have the capability to either supply me with a replacement IHD (at cost) or put in a new smart meter that comes with an IHD.

Incidentally I have checked with the 3rd party website and my meter is not compatible.
    Cheers, Darren
    Harrogate, North Yorkshire
    Level 78
    The only IHD that E.On Next would supply is the IHDL SmartView 2, which from personal experience is an absolutely terrible IHD that you REALLY don't want to pay for! Trust me, it's that bad!
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Community Team
    No worries at all @dazzlr 😎.

I appreciate it is frustrating, I would be frustrated too! We don't actually supply replacement IHD's for customers so it is just an option we cannot offer. I understand that the Ivie Bud is a third party company, but we do work closely with them and if the meters are eligible it is assured that the IHD will work 😊.

That's very unfortunate that the meters are not compatible, and I am sorry to hear that 👎 by the end of 2022 the UK aims to have all first gen smart meters remotely switched over - meaning they will become compatiable eventually. So there is nothing we can do at the moment I am afriad!

Do you have the E.ON Next App? We have a built in energy tracker - the wonderful @unknowntech has created a guide to IHD's and alternatives 👉 here. Have a look, there is many recommendations and alternatives that other customers have spoken about.

Hannah 😊
    Level 5
    SMETS1 Landis+Gyr E470 with a Trilliant SEAP-2001-V Comms Hub

Thanks for all the information all.

I checked out the Ivie Bud, sadly not compatible with my meter. Ivie recommends I 'pop back in a few months' to see they have upgraded it.

Next I went to order the Glow from Hildebrand as recommended by @theunknowntech here but unfortunately this won't work either. Here is their explanation;

"Unfortunately, we feel that we cannot process your recent order until we confirm with you how you would like to proceed; we have identified that enrolled Trilliant Comms Hubs (which is what you have at your property) will not accept instructions from us to Open / Join the HAN. We are in active discussions with the DCC who manage the infrastructure behind your enrolled SMETS1 Smart Meters. They have re-created the problem in their Test Labs and are working on a fix but it isn't clear when this will be first implemented and then rolled out. We have tagged your ticket and will let you know when the issue has been resolved - we imagine it will be a few months from now (fingers crossed!). Sorry that this has been problematic - it is only now that we started selling our SMETS1 Displays for enrolled meters that the issue with Trilliant Comms Hubs has become so apparent."

I did find some information online around the smart meter upgrade plan which does help explain things somewhat SMETS1 smart meters and how they're being upgraded | Smart DCC

It now seems the only option to give me *some* kind of usage readout is a cheap amperemeter or a WiFi Smart Power Consumption / kWh / Circuit Breaker Switch or similar.
    Amazon.co.uk : WiFi Energy Meter Smart Power Consumption kWh Circuit Breaker Switch
    Level 78
    You can see why I hate those pesky SMETS1 Trilliant SEAP-2001-V Comms Hubs then! Those things are literally my worst nightmare and I genuinely hate them, as does Blastoise186 because even he can never figure them out half the time. :(

Level 5
    @Han_EONNext it's been some weeks now and still no resolution from your tech team around to our 'smart' meter refusing to send meter readings 😥

Also you suggested that I use your app to track usage. Thats not working either. The app has been stuck at 'We're collecting your data, it normally takes around 24 hours before your energy usage will appear" for weeks (if not months) which may be related to the above comms issue.

Please can you escalate. Very frustrated with the lack of service I am receiving from you ☹
    Level 91
    @dazzlr

I’m no expert (and that’s an understatement) and with the issues you are having it probably won’t work anyway, but it just might be worth downloading the Hildebrand Bright App. It’s free and it gives details of your usage right down to half-hourly intervals. Nothing to lose by trying.

As usual I stand to be corrected.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 5
    Cheers @JoeSoap but unless you know otherwise the phone app needs to connect to a wireless device like their GlowStick. Which doesn't seem to be compatible yet. Let me know if you know differently.
    Level 91
    @dazzlr

Honestly, I’m a bit clueless on techie things so I’ve no idea if the Bright App will work for you.

What I can say is that it’s free and I found it easy to install and after answering a few questions I was soon able to view my usage in kWh and £££s going back a year very soon afterwards.