Gas bill triple???

Level 1
    Why has my gas bill trippled this month!!??.
    Been in the house over 5 yrs,same usage,same boiler,gas has NEVER been this high,of course its been winter,but so has the last 5 yrs 🤔 .

My 'so called' smart meter 🙄 has been bleeping and resetting for months,sometimes once a week,sometimes 2 or 3 times a day!,so not sure if its faulty,or they have been turning it up??.
    Im still within my tariff,price cap shouldnt of come in to effect yet,so what gives ????.
  • 1 Reply

Level 78
    Hi @SHAMUS,

I'm theunknowntech and I'm a forum volunteer on here. I can tell you that I'm independent of E.On and E.On Next as I don't work for anyone in the energy sector. However, I know my stuff when it comes to these things and I can definitely say that your gas meter has a fault. It shouldn't be bleeping like that and the most likely reason is a low battery. However, I'd like to see if I can help diagnose the issue.

Please could you also post photos of your In-Home Display, Electric Meter and Gas Meter as I'd like to check a few things just to make sure I'm on the right track. If you could also tell me which one is beeping, this would be helpful for my diagnostics as well. Once I've figured this out, I'll try to help you figure out the high gas usage.

Thanks
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!