Direct debit not taken

Level 5
    Hi
    Has anyone elses Direct debit payment not been taken this month?
    mine goes out the 15th and it hasn't been taken.I have funds in my bank account.
    But I am also £800 in credit with Eon.
    But that has not stopped them taking money before.
  • 3 Replies

Level 43
    Hi
    Has anyone elses Direct debit payment not been taken this month?
    mine goes out the 15th and it hasn't been taken.I have funds in my bank account.
    But I am also £800 in credit with Eon.
    But that has not stopped them taking money before.

Hi @Jennicf

As the EBSS first payment (£66) will have been added to your account, it's probably that your high credit and the £66 means that they don't need to take your DD.
    Have you logged in to your account, you should see the £66 under transactions.

Also have a look when you log in, at 'You're paying', mine says £0 because my normal monthly DD is less than £66.
    Level 5
    Hi
    what you say makes more sense than what I've been getting from Eon in wattsapp communication.
    dear oh dear the person who was supposed to be helping me didn't know what they where talking about.
    she said my new tariff had not been agreed by me.So there was no agreed tariff.And that's why my direct debit was not taken because my account had a end date.
    I said I don't get to choose, I am on the next flex variable for E7.
    she also said the tariff I was sent by email confirming the NEW rates and the one currently showing on my account....this one
    day unit 42.64
    Night. 14.21
    S/charge 43.35
    is in fact the old rates before the energy price guarantee.
    which it definitely is not.
    It is the new rates.
    I've got a email confirming this.
    And as yet my £66 help has not been credited.
    You recieved the same email with the new rates if I remember correctly.And I recieved it eventually after chasing it up.
    So , all I can do is keep a check on things I think.
    Regards jennifer
    Level 43
    With the amount of turmoil going on at eon-next at the moment @Jennicf I'm not at all surprised if some staff give the wrong information. Your £66 should appear as a transaction 'HM Government Discount Energy Bills Support Scheme', if you haven't had it added to your eon-next account by Monday then I'd suggest chasing it up.