Demand Flexibility Service Percentage Information

View Tag Cloud
    Community Team
    Hello Community πŸ‘‹

We hope everyone is keeping well in this weather! We want to just let you know that we are aware that some members have been experiencing incorrect percentage information and problems with their DFS feedback.

We've raised this, and we'll give you an update as soon as we know more 😊 if anyone has any more examples / comes across any problems please do reply to this thread.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Han_EONNext; 04-12-23 at 10:23.
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    πŸ‘‰get in touchπŸ‘ˆ

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions πŸ‘‰ HERE πŸ‘ˆ
  • 56 Replies

Level 56
    @Han_EONNext

Perhaps you can also flag up where Eon Next have got the 8 days from re the number of days used for baselining purposes (out of the previous 60). The documentation that has been provided by NGESO suggests that it should be 10 days. So is there a rationale behind this decision? Or was it a mistake by the DFS team.

AFAIK Eon Next should be following the contractual and guidance documents HERE

particularly the Procurement Rules pages 28-29 (BL01) which deals with the Baselining Methodology. Hopefully the DFS team should be aware of this document.

πŸ‘
    Last edited by Mailman; 04-12-23 at 11:34.
    Community Team
    Afternoon @Mailman πŸ“ͺ

I've had some info back and the 8 days is used to check eligibility, but the number of days is 10 days. 8 days is a little typo in the email and a change has been requested πŸ‘

No news as of yet on the incorrect percentage front πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ but it's being looked into, and as soon as we have more info we'll let you know πŸ€—
    Level 91
    Afternoon @Mailman πŸ“ͺ

I've had some info back and the 8 days is used to check eligibility, but the number of days is 10 days...

... and are these days 'weekdays only' if the event is on a weekday and 'weekend days only' if the event is on a weekend? Also, are previous event days excluded from these 10 days? Also, are they paying us Β£3/kWh of reduction? Without accuracy we can't reconcile our own calculations with Eon Next's.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 56
    Afternoon @Mailman πŸ“ͺ

I've had some info back and the 8 days is used to check eligibility, but the number of days is 10 days. 8 days is a little typo in the email and a change has been requested πŸ‘

No news as of yet on the incorrect percentage front πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ but it's being looked into, and as soon as we have more info we'll let you know πŸ€—

Thanks you for this update. Now are getting somewhere. Eligibility needs to be 8 days out of the previous 60 although (and I hate to be pedantic about this) the NGESO Procurement rules state that customers need to have at least 5 eligible days (not 8) otherwise there will be insufficient data etc

The graphic below taken from the NGESO procurement document referenced before (page 29)

Name:  EligibleDays.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  98.9 KB

At least the DFS team have confirmed that for baselining purposes Eon Next uses the 10 most recent eligible days (if the event falls on a weekday) πŸ‘
    Level 91
    Shambles!

given these events have been run previously - so are nothing new - there can be little excuse for the maladministration.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 56
    ... and are these days 'weekdays only' if the event is on a weekday and 'weekend days only' if the event is on a weekend?

YES they should be

Views: 445
Size:  154.3 KB

Also, are previous event days excluded from these 10 days?

YES they should be

Name:  EligibleDays2.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  119.4 KB

Also, are they paying us Β£3/kWh of reduction? Without accuracy we can't reconcile our own calculations with Eon Next's.

DON'T KNOW as nothing has been promulgated for either event.

πŸ‘
    Last edited by Mailman; 05-12-23 at 16:11. Reason: Additional Data
    Level 56
    @meldrewreborn

I guess there's a DFS team installed for this season with a new set of ideas on how things can be run and communicated to the customers. The emails appear to be different this year as well. I have have already mentioned elsewhere last year's event was actually run better without in day adjustment to complicate the whole process. This year should have been so much smoother but it seems not.
    Level 91
    @Mailman

I know you like to number crunch so here's what I can ascertain from Bright. Can you do a sanity check for me please and tell me what you think?

I have to assume my Β£1.98 reward was for the first event I participated in (Wed 29 Nov between 5.00 and 6.30pm).

Wed 29 Nov = 0.53kWh

Tue 28 Nov = 1.32
    Mon 27 Nov = 1.01
    Fri 24 Nov = 1.20
    Thu 23 Nov = 0.62
    Wed 22 Nov = 1.33
    Tue 21 Nov = 1.24
    Mon 20 Nov = 1.12
    Fri 17 Nov = 0.85
    Thu 16 Nov = Event
    Wed 15 Nov = 1.33
    Tue 14 Nov = 1.77

Total of 10 previous weekdays (excluding event days) = 11.79

Average of the 10 days (approx.) = 1.18

1.18 - 0.53 = 0.65kWh so a reduction of 55% according to my own calculations using the Bright app.

0.65kWh x Β£3/kWh =Β£1.95

Eon Next also calculated that I reduced by 55% so we agree. I was awarded Β£1.98 so pretty close to my estimate and, allowing for discrepancy of the Bright app and rounding of figures, is probably spot on πŸ‘
    Last edited by JoeSoap; 05-12-23 at 22:57. Reason: changed some dates
    Level 16
    YES they should be

Views: 445
Size:  154.3 KB

YES they should be

Name:  EligibleDays2.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  119.4 KB

DON'T KNOW as nothing has been promulgated for either event.

πŸ‘

Face facts. No one at Eon Next is ever going to understand all that.