Energy Price Guarantee

Level 91
    @Haggy

There hasn’t been much forum input from Eon Next staff recently. We can only assume they too are as snowed under as customer service staff so are leaving us to what this forum essentially is… customer to customer.

It is certainly taking time for everyone to get full and accurate information about their new rates as from 1st October but we need to be patient as there are still a few days left. I’m in the same boat with no indication of what my fixed tariff is going to change to.

As for what advisors are saying on Twitter, is this anecdotal or can you provide some evidence that this information has actually been given out since the EPG announcement concerning those on fixed tariffs?
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 7
    On the eon website https://www.eonnext.com/electricity-...rice-guarantee under the Fixed Tariff part it says "For the small number of customers who fixed at a high rate exceeding the October Ofgem price cap of £3,549 (£3,674 paying on receipt of bill), they will receive the full discount of 16.998p for electricity and 4.2p for gas. To make sure that those customers also benefit from the EPG we will bring their fixed price down to be in line with the government's £2,500 average threshold."

So it reads as though that even though the government are making energy companies reduce fixed tariffs by 16.998p for elec and 4.2p for gas if you're over the EPG rates, then this doesn't always bring you down to the EPG level, but eon will bring us all down to the EPG rates.

However, it doesn't look like anyone has had any actual confirmation from eon about this?
    Level 91
    @BLD patience is required for few more days. Because here you can exit a fixed contract without penalty, customers would just do that if they didn’t bring prices down to those of the EPG.

It it will affect relatively few.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 56
    On the eon website https://www.eonnext.com/electricity-...rice-guarantee under the Fixed Tariff part it says "For the small number of customers who fixed at a high rate exceeding the October Ofgem price cap of £3,549 (£3,674 paying on receipt of bill), they will receive the full discount of 16.998p for electricity and 4.2p for gas. To make sure that those customers also benefit from the EPG we will bring their fixed price down to be in line with the government's £2,500 average threshold."

So it reads as though that even though the government are making energy companies reduce fixed tariffs by 16.998p for elec and 4.2p for gas if you're over the EPG rates, then this doesn't always bring you down to the EPG level, but eon will bring us all down to the EPG rates.

However, it doesn't look like anyone has had any actual confirmation from eon about this?

Agreed we don't know this as of just over 24 hours to go until the EPG goes live

(For the following I have used rates for Northern region)

So for v20 Online DD if Eon Next don't come down to the cap and only apply a maximum 17p, this would reduce the electricity rates to 49.34p/kWh (an extra 17.1p/kWh compared to the cap rate of 32.24p/kWh)

So for v19 Online DD if Eon Next don't come down to the cap and only apply a maximum 17p, this would reduce the electricity rates to 42.15p/kWh (an extra 9.91p/kWh compared to the cap rate of 32.24p/kWh )

So for v18 Online DD if Eon Next don't come down to the cap and only apply a maximum 17p, this would reduce the electricity rates to 34.86p/kWh (an extra 2.62p/kWh compared to the cap rate of 32.24p/kWh).

Similar things happen to V20 and v19 if the gas unit price will only reduce by a maximum of 4.2p/kWh. V18 will take you to the cap itself.

Not at all sure why Eon Next have been unable to clarify this situation as I have already mentioned in another thread. Don't forget that as 1st October is a Saturday, the earliest you can change (if you wanted to) to the Flex cap will be Monday 3rd.

I shall give them another day before deciding what to do re scheduled move to V18 on Saturday 1st. In my case it won't cost very much (approx 20-25p/day) if I leave any changes till after October 1st but for those on say v20 this could cost them a little more say £1.50-£2.00+ per day depending on how much gas/leccy you use.

Level 5
    @JoeSoap I don't think it's possible to post photos here but I have seen and replied to such tweers from Eon Next on Twitter.
    Level 5
    So it's the 1st of October and my fixed deal tarriff unit rates haven't changed online. I also can't change my tarriff to the variable. There isn't any button to do this on their website at the moment! Anyone else experiencing the same?
    Level 5
    @JoeSoap Thank you, I understand the guarantee and how it should impact me but Eon have not yet implemented it on my account. They say the following on your link, but this has not happened yet and the Guarantee should start today! "We will adjust fixed tariffs automatically. Customers on fixed tariffs do not need to take any action to get the benefits of this scheme. We're contacting customers directly over the coming days to confirm what the Energy Price Guarantee (EPG) means for them and how, together with the Energy Bills Support Scheme (EBSS), it will affect their bills."
    Level 7
    @Haggy

I'm in the same boat. My new fixed tariff was meant to start today but still showing my old rates which are way above the EPG level. Hopefully they will backdate it on our bills...
    Level 1
    If they not we simply not pay enough is enough. They will be have this month a Lot complaint against not keeping people on tariffs from 1 october passed to them.by government price guarantee.