Smart meter not working since move from n-power.

Level 43
    Hi @Citori

Hypothetically, if a customer knew from experience their usage when their property was unoccupied for a month or number of months, wouldn't it make sense for them to submit monthly readings based upon their experience? I suppose they would vary it slightly from month to month to add a bit of authenticity but it would make their billing more accurate and probably reduce the stress a bit.

Just a thought.
    Level 91
    @Citori

I fully understand. Whether Eon Net lied to you or not, the transfer was already planned and nothing was going to stop it. In retrospect it is clear that your situation was a likely outcome. The staff here like to present Eon next as a warm friendly company going out of their way to be progressive towards their customers. But in many senses they've been sold a scenario that in many instances isn't true to their lo lofty ideals. But its not the front line workers fault - that lies higher up the greasy pole.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Community Team
    Hi @Citori

I'm really sorry to hear of all the issues you've experienced since your account moved over from nPower to E.ON Next 😔

There have been a few issues with some older types of Smart Meters nPower installed and we've been working through these to try and either get them enrolled onto the DCC or replacing them altogether in the instances where we're just unable to get them to work. I'm sorry for the time this has taken to get sorted, as in all honesty, there were a lot, and I appreciate how inconvenient this must be for you when the property is vacant for long periods.

The good news is, I can see that the gas meter on your account is now showing as 'Commissioned on 15th June 2022' This means we have established a link between our system, your meter and the DCC.

On 5th July our metering team have been sending out some updates to your gas meter. A few of the updates are showing as 'pending' and this is because it can take a few weeks for everything to go through, I'd estimate that in mid to late August we should start receiving your gas readings automatically as my best guess.

Please do keep us updated on here, especially if you see a Smart gas reading appear on your account. If nothing happens by mid August, I'll give the metering team a nudge too.

Pete 😊
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Community Team
    Hi @NickyCuff

I'm sorry to hear that you're also having problems relating to the gas meter.

I can see a colleague has notified our metering team about the issues with your meter on 13th July and she's just waiting to hear back about this, she should be in touch with you directly once she knows more.

Your gas meter appears to be listed as a 'Non-Compliant SMETS1 Smart Meter' - In these instances, we may need to look to replace both of your meters for SMETS2 meters. We'll have to wait until the metering team investigate a little further before we can consider this option, and they'll let us know that if there's no way of connecting the meter up again, an appointment can then be booked.

Pete 😊