Online V10 offer

Level 1
    Hi, I have just been moved onto the variable next flex tariff and I am willing to sit it out until just before the April hike. On my E.on Next account, I could move to the fixed Next Online V10, if I jump straight in I will be paying at the v10 extra rate for 2 months, in order to avoid that, I'd rather wait until the hike and then switch. The question being, would the V10 still be available or would it be by then replaced with an even higher tariff? Thanks...
  • 24 Replies

Level 78
    Heya @Dagma!

Unfortunately my TARDIS functionality is still under development. Sorry about that. :(

I also don't know when the fixed rates might go up, or if they've already gone up. All I can say is that there's no guarantee that the offers available right now will hold out for the next two months. If you like what you're seeing right now, I'd recommend locking it in while you still can.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 1
    Thanks for your reply, I suspect E.on next will hike the fixed offer too knowing customers are cornered by time, would be nice if E.on would honour the fixed offer until April, unless anyone knows different??. I am reluctant as I feel I'm throwing the price difference away when I could perhaps have saved it, over £100 in my case, which is a lot for me. If E.on next guaranteed to me I could change to the fixed just before my variable cap increase in April, then it would be in the bag! 🤗
    Level 1
    Thanks for your reply, I suspect E.on next will hike the fixed offer too knowing customers are cornered by time, would be nice if E.on would honour the fixed offer until April, unless anyone knows different??. I am reluctant as I feel I'm throwing the price difference away when I could perhaps have saved it, over £100 in my case, which is a lot for me. If E.on next guaranteed to me I could change to the fixed just before my variable cap increase in April, then it would be in the bag! 🤗
    I'm in the same boat as you,my fixed deal ends in 2 weeks at £70pm and will be put on the cap at £99pm until 1st april.. I've asked what the cap rates from 1st april will be but not had a response from EOn to that question. There is a fixed rate deal on offer but is that going to be lower or higher than the cap ?
    Level 1
    Hello Jack, I'm still in two minds, is the v10 a reasonable offer? It never ever appears on comparison sites nor anywhere else so I have my doubts, surely it would crop up on top. So is there a hidden snag? And when I look at the tariff it says TCR, I don't know what that means.
    Level 1
    Hello Jack, I'm still in two minds, is the v10 a reasonable offer? It never ever appears on comparison sites nor anywhere else so I have my doubts, surely it would crop up on top. So is there a hidden snag? And when I look at the tariff it says TCR, I don't know what that means.
    tariff comparison rate...
    Level 1
    @Dagma It's hard to say..but using my own consumptions levels the cap to 31 march costs me £99pm, and E.On have said the next cap will be 54% increase..so for me that's £154 pm...the V10 offer (for my consumption levels) is priced at £147pm fixed...so there's £7pm saving going for the fixed deal plus, remember, in October (or earlier) the cap is likely to increase again. I'm assuming the £350 from the govt will be factored into these rates sometime so maybe that'd reduce the outlay by £29pm...
    Level 1
    Hi, yes that is what I've came to and on that have taken the plunge, however, be careful... When you select the v10 as your tariff, you are taken to a review tariff page, the price jumps up by £9 extra??? So I valled Eon, it is a buffer in case you go over your spend, the extra comes back if you don't use it and whatever else you dont use. I've just carried on. Sick of looking at all the tariffs and suppliers. The bonus is you can drop it penalty free too. I can't see any other tariff as low as this for me that may or may not beat the cap, some are quoting 180+ a month! Anyways, that's done now, let's see what happens. Hope you come to a decision 🤞
    Level 1
    @Dagma think i'm going to stick with the £99 cap until 1st April then see what the new capped prices are and then shop the market place for fixed deals..surely by then there will be a few offers about that are competetive. From what you say E.On fixed deal is £147+£9=£156pm (for me) and the cap from 1st april will be around £154 for me...so nothing in it, hence I'm going to sit tight until things unfold a bit.
    Level 1
    @jack Good luck Jack, don't forget there will be a hike in October too, just feel the energy companies will all max the hikes out with little differences. None are showing anything good for customers.