Statement implies I’m not on direct debit

Level 5
    Something is definately off with @Janette's account. What @Janette needs to now confirm is exactly how the payment is made and particularly whether it is made automatically via a Direct Debit mandate every month or every 3 months?

I ask because Eon Next work out a monthly statement based on what I have used via either customer reads or (more recently) via smart meter reads. Because I have set up a Variable Direct Debit mandate with Eon Next, they effect a Direct Debit to zeroise the account after said statement some 15 or so days later than the statement. There has been absolutely no input required by me to make these payments since this Variable DD mandate was set up.

Looking at @Janette's rates they do look like they are the rates from the current Next Flex - Payment on receipt of bill tariff which is slightly more expensive than Next Flex - Direct Debit Version hence my request as to @Janette's region to verify this and to verify the frequency of their billing (and payment method). I don't know but possibly Payment on receipt of bill is used for 3 monthly direct debit only. If this is the case then @Janette can get slightly cheaper energy by going to a monthly direct debit plan paying the whole bill as I currently do.

If already paying monthly direct debit then it would seem that Eon Next are applying the wrong tariff to the account.

Thanks so much for being so helpful. I'm in East Suffolk and I pay monthly by direct debit. It's currently fixed at £150 per month and that's what they've been taking.
    Level 56
    Thanks so much for being so helpful. I'm in East Suffolk and I pay monthly by direct debit. It's currently fixed at £150 per month and that's what they've been taking.

I can confirm that the (East Suffolk) rates you are paying are for the

Eco 7 Electricity Tariff - Next Flex -Payment on Receipt of Bill version

Clearly though you do not pay on Receipt of bill - you are paying a fixed Direct Debit amount so you should be on the

Eco 7 Electricity Tariff - Next Flex - Direct Debit Version

The rates of the above tariff are indeed lower for your region so you need to call Eon Next customer services ASAP and explain your situation and complain as to why you are the 'payment on receipt of bill' version when you clearly should be on the 'direct debit version' as that is your method of payment (and I presume always has been). If this mistake is Eon Next's you should be due to some compensation/goodwill payment so politely tell them you are unhappy...
    Level 5
    Thanks for all advice. I changed my own tariff and E-on Nexthave refunded a considerable amount to because they had not been off-setting my DD payments against the balance. It must be such an old system they use if they are unabe to connect the customer payment method to the tariff.
    Level 91
    @Janette

Hardley an old system -Kraken bought (hired) from Octopus is supposed to be the bee's knees. We can beg to differ.

But extremely well done to you and @Mailman for his analysis.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 56
    Thanks for all advice. I changed my own tariff and E-on Nexthave refunded a considerable amount to because they had not been off-setting my DD payments against the balance. It must be such an old system they use if they are unabe to connect the customer payment method to the tariff.

Glad you got a result that has sorted your account out and that you are paying reduced rates now. I suspect that your billing issues may have caused by human error at Eon Next's end rather than Eon's Kraken system - but we shall never know for sure.