Ok eon next wins i give up.

Level 6
    Good evening @Karln,

I am really sorry to hear about the struggles you have had with the meters and the billing.
    I do understand your frustrations, and I am sure there is an explanation for this😊 - can I best reach you on the email associated with your Community account? I'd like to have a look into this with you!

@Johnh1995 some of our tariffs require a smart meter, and if you choose to take out a smart meter - dependent tariff you will have to get one.
    There is options to not have a smart meter of course, and if you choose to not have one that is absolutely okay too! (we would put you onto a different tariff).

so we can have the smart meters removed.
    How can I do that? What is the process?
    if you say send them an email Then I’ll know you are joking.
    I have sent them at least 4 emails now and not so much as an acknowledgment.
    I suppose I will have to call them again, wait 2 hours and listen to some poorly trained call handler patronise me for ten minutes and then do nothing.
    Last edited by Frassle; 13-10-22 at 08:28. Reason: Typo
    Level 91
    @Frassle
    I think that a smart meter would be replaced by another one. the phrase “take out a smart meter” I think means accept on rather than remove one.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 18
    "There is options to not have a smart meter of course, and if you choose to not have one that is absolutely okay too! (we would put you onto a different tariff)."
    Are there any indications of what tariffs are being offered if you choose not to have a smart meter.
    Reading all the horror stories of failures of smart meters, I can fully understand customers reluctance to have one installed.
    Level 6
    @Frassle
    I think that a smart meter would be replaced by another one. the phrase “take out a smart meter” I think means accept on rather than remove one.

that’s not what is stated.

There is options to not have a smart meter of course, and if you choose to not have one that is absolutely okay too! (we would put you onto a different tariff).
    Level 6
    @Frassle

If they are not faulty and you are wanting them removed by choice we can come and remove the smart meters for you at cost of £235.00 for a single meter, or £470.00 for both meters.

Eon may be useless but they do know how to screw money out of us.
    Last edited by Frassle; 13-10-22 at 10:53. Reason: Typo
    Community Manager
    @Frassle Anasa here 👋 Just to clear this up! as there is a bit of confusion! There are tariffs that you can have that do not require you to have a Smart meter.

If you already have a smart meter we would NOT take the meter out and replace it with a non smart meter, but if you did want it to stop functioning as a smart meter we can disconnect it so it acts as a normal meter.

If you do not currently have a smart meter and don't want one you're options would be to choose the tariffs that don't require a smart meter.😊
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣

Level 18
    "If you do not currently have a smart meter and don't want one you're options would be to choose the tariffs that don't require a smart meter.😊"
    And these would be which particular tariff and where are they displayed?
    Level 6
    @Frassle Anasa here 👋 Just to clear this up! as there is a bit of confusion! There are tariffs that you can have that do not require you to have a Smart meter.

If you already have a smart meter we would NOT take the meter out and replace it with a non smart meter, but if you did want it to stop functioning as a smart meter we can disconnect it so it acts as a normal meter.

If you do not currently have a smart meter and don't want one you're options would be to choose the tariffs that don't require a smart meter.😊

Thank you, and what would be the process for doing this?
    Eon do not answer emails and the call handlers don’t appear to know how anything works.
    I’ve been overcharged since the meter was installed and wasted enough time talking to badly trained call handlers.
    I have sent in a complaint after my last unfortunate experience, and guess what, the email was ignored.
    Makes it a bit tricky doesn’t it.
    Level 10
    And these would be which particular tariff and where are they displayed?

I don't have a smart meter and the options are Next Flex, the standard variable tariff. That's it as far as I can tell - others may have different options. All of the fixed rate tariffs I've been offered require a smart meter. Of course, fixes are a bit of a moot point at the moment.
    Level 1
    ALL THESE REPLIES AND NOT ONE ANSWERS MY QUESTION.

Ok.
    Both my electric and gas smart meters where both read on the 22nd September.
    I was billed saying payment of £92.09p would be taken out of my bank on the 7th October which it was.
    I want to know why eon next then decided to take gas meter readings again on the 30th September then again on the 8th October.
    WHY???
    This will screw my readings up again for October.
    I am getting very angry and very stressed with the messing about with me meter readings for the last 4 to 5 months now eon next have messed me about.

I would like a full explanation WHY this happened please and I would like a reply asap and not for me to run around for hours trying to contact you again.

I have been messaging and emailing eon next for the last 3 days without 1 single reply.
    And please don't say phone them because that is also a waist of time as i just get cut off and not only that its starting to cost me a lot of money in mobile phone calls when you add up the 1 hour here waiting and another 2 hours there waiting only to be cut off.

Thank you.
    Mr Karl Newbold.