Clearer comms needed on DD payment holidays & SVT details

Level 8
    @meldrewreborn Thanks! Hopefully they'll get onto it sooner rather than later ... before the end of next week! I contacted them initially on 13th October - so 2 weeks ago tomorrow ...
    Level 8
    @Lampshade

Ah right. Hopefully you will get a reply from Eon Next soon.

Have you considered upping your DD to £68 so that a DD payment would always have to be taken?

Nope because my DD should be only £54 at the new EPG rate (so less than the EBSS payment) - my account should, in theory, go around £10 - £12 into credit every month for the next few months whilst the EPG is in place ...
    Level 8
    @Lampshade
    @meldrewreborn for info

Now I’ve just thought of something else…

You’re coming off v8 and onto Next Flex so surely this is a much more expensive tariff and your usual DD would need to rise from its current level anyway. That in itself may mean that even with the EBSS applied there is still some amount of DD payment that will need to be taken, which would mean you would qualify for the DD version.

You could work it out yourself using the new rates and your estimated usage.

Actually no it wouldn't be more expensive once the EBSS is factored in - both the standing charge and unit rates would work out about the same - so maybe I was paying a bit too much on my V8 fix? Dunno
    Level 8
    @JoeSoap the tariff for payment after receipt of bill is circa 8.6% higher if it is not paid by Direct Debit, but the same as fixed Direct Debit otherwise

Oh interesting - so maybe they will just put the DD at zero and keep me at DD customer status even though it says payment on receipt of bill? Maybe I'm worrying about nothing but I wish they would respond, clarify and reassure me! I still haven't selected the new tariff because of all the uncertainty and I'm getting worried that I'm running out of time ...
    Level 8
    @meldrewreborn

My understanding is that Next Flex Payment on Receipt of Bill Version is a higher rate tariff and is never paid by DD.

It is also that if you are on Next Flex Direct Debit Version you can choose Variable Direct Debits (the DD matches the monthly bill) or Fixed Direct Debits (the DD is a fixed amount to spread the load). Which ever way you choose to have the DD set up still means you are on the cheaper Direct Debit version tariff.

The issue here is that @Lampshade is not being offered the Direct Debit tariff… only the dearer Payment on Receipt of Bill tariff and believes it is because they will be on a DD holiday due to the EBSS payment being above the normal DD amount.

I think I’ve understood everything right… but stand to be corrected.

I have suggested increasing the usual DD to £68 so that a DD (be it £2 or £1) will always be taken regardless of whether an EBSS amount of £66 or £67 is credited. This should mean a Direct Debit Version tariff can be selected. It may be possible to make this DD change in the online account.

Yep I've not been offered any kind of DD - neither Fixed nor Variable ... but perhaps as I wrote on a different reply, perhaps I will remain as a DD customer with a DD of zero temporarily, even though it says Payment on receipt of bill?

I didn't know that Payment on receipt of bill is the same rate as DD customers so long as it's paid by Fixed rather than Variable direct debit (if I've understood that reply correctly).

Please eon-next Customer Services - be in touch!
    @Lampshade Hey there! Beki here.

What a lot of great conversation going on here! Of course, we have both receipt of bill tariffs as well as direct debit tariffs. I am not aware of the payment holiday affecting the tariff change however it would be a great opportunity for me to explore if this is an issue and to report back if it is something that the team need to look into.

If you fancy being the guinea pig, with me keeping an eye on your account and switching you to the DD option needed, would you go ahead and change over so we can see what happens?
    Level 91
    Yay… Beki’s here. I think we can leave you in capable hands now @Lampshade 😁
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 91
    @Beki_EONNext

but no guarantee?
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    @meldrewreborn If @Lampshade, does change over to a variable DD version then all is well and it will just need to be a tech suggestion to edit the wording, however if it does indeed go on to the the receipt of bill version then of course, the team will also need to investigate why it's happening.

@JoeSoap - thank you, I do try my hardest 😊
    Level 8
    @Lampshade Hey there! Beki here.

What a lot of great conversation going on here! Of course, we have both receipt of bill tariffs as well as direct debit tariffs. I am not aware of the payment holiday affecting the tariff change however it would be a great opportunity for me to explore if this is an issue and to report back if it is something that the team need to look into.

If you fancy being the guinea pig, with me keeping an eye on your account and switching you to the DD option needed, would you go ahead and change over so we can see what happens?

Hi Beki thanks for getting in touch! So do you mean you would switch me to the DD option remotely? I ask because I can't switch to that myself as I haven' been offered that option, only the Payment on receipt of bills option (and I only know that from clicking through to look at the Full Tariff Info section. Tell you what, I'm going to look at all the replies I've had this evening then get back to you again in a few minutes. Thanks