Govt. subsidy NOT being deducted from Direct Debits

Level 6
    My account has had £67 credited to it, not a deduction from direct debit as the website said.

i couldnt reduce my DD to £44 because it said I should be paying £153, and I could only reduce 10%! Even though I only pay £110 normally, am £230 in credit, have reduced leccy consumption nearly 30% and still haven’t switched my heating on. I won’t be till nov at earliest possibly dec if I can.

be warned check your account.
    Last edited by koyunbaba; 07-10-22 at 21:11.
    Level 18
    Just managed to sort out the issues I had with the DD and EBSS with a very knowledgeable lady from the E.on community team. This forum does have its advantages
    Level 56
    Deleted post
    Last edited by Mailman; 08-10-22 at 08:12. Reason: Post deletion
    Level 91
    @Mailman

I’m starting to think that some, if not all, of those whose tariff rates increased on 1st October have had their nominal DD increased automatically, whilst those (like me) who had a reduction in tariff rates have had their nominal DD left as it was. Just a hunch, of course.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 6
    Ive set up a spreadsheet over the last 3 months showing varying elec and gas usages over the coming months.
    Nominal DD increase to £153 would represent a 39% increase in direct debit. The nominal amounts are based on out of date data.
    As I’ve said I’ve radically reduced energy consumption, am £235 in credit, and will still be in credit at Xmas. Yet on these forums I’ve heard wildly varying information, different customer outcomes, and only ambiguous help from eon.next employees. I just want clarity from the mouth of an eon next employee.
    i should add, I’ve sent a complaint to the ceo email addy about an email on this subject I sent Monday and have still not received a reply too.

a reply to this message from a employee would be a nice thing too. With specifics, not ambiguous messaging.
    @Anasa_EONNext please could you help??
    Last edited by koyunbaba; 08-10-22 at 08:46. Reason: Request for removal of quote
    Level 91
    @koyunbaba

DD amounts must be reasonable. But taking your example You are currently in credit and will still be by Xmas. But a DD is computed on a forward projection of 12 months. So where might you be on your account in March or later?

A significant reduction in consumption will throw the DD out, as would an increase in consumption or prices. The forecast will inevitably be wrong to some extent which is why they are often reasessed after a period.

so there are issues with the setting of fixed Direct Debits. I think it is important to remember that your account balance, if positive, remains yours until it is set against a bill. It’s a sort of saving account. Strangely we only seem to hear complaints about excessive direct debits, not so much if the account is in deficit. One of my accounts is in deficit, the other in credit. It should be considered normal to hold a positive credit balance going into winter, but it has to be reasonable. Our perceptions of reasonableness will always be different, but I think that there is a definite lack of understanding by customers on how the system should work, but how to overcome that is difficult given the system has been in existence for many years yet it’s not properly understood yet. @communityteam
    Last edited by meldrewreborn; 07-10-22 at 23:07.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 18
    @Johnh1995 could you share what you learned
    Not so much what I learned, simply that problems with my account appertaining to the Government credit, the claiming of my direct debit and the account in general have now all been sorted with the help of a community staff member to which I am very grateful.
    Level 56
    Ive set up a spreadsheet over the last 3 months showing varying elec and gas usages over the coming months.
    Nominal DD increase to £153 would represent a 39% increase in direct debit. The nominal amounts are based on out of date data.
    As I’ve said I’ve radically reduced energy consumption, am £235 in credit, and will still be in credit at Xmas. If you were an eon next employee your help would represent advice from authority. Yet on these forums I’ve heard wildly varying information, different customer outcomes, and only ambiguous help from eon.next employees. I just want clarity from the mouth of an eon next employee.
    i should add, I’ve sent a complaint to the ceo email addy about an email on this subject I sent Monday and have still not received a reply too.

a reply to this message from a employee would be a nice thing too. With specifics, not ambiguous messaging.

Ouch....not sure what I posted that you find fault with.

To remove any ambiguity that my post has caused to you (and to others following this thread) I deleted my post and could I ask you to remove your response to it (specifically your direct quote of my post).

Hopefully you will get a post of clarity from an Eon Next community employee that gives you the assurances that you seek.
    Level 6
    @Mailman please accept my apologies Mailman. I allowed my frustrations to get the better of me. I know you were trying to help, but I just felt that I’ve heard different messages from forum members and I don’t really know where I stand due to the absence of clarity from the eon community leaders. They were the authority I wanted to take to the bank, literally. If you wish me to still remove the offending post of course I will. I don’t want to foster ill will on forums where we’re trying to help each other.