Gas Proxy not Commissioned

• Tags for this Thread
  • smart
View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    Hi,

My gas supply was transferred from EDF the 17th March. When I was with EDF they installed a gas smart meter 28th January.

EDF couldn't read the meter and the IHD never showed gas usage just electricity which is with EON.
    I installed the Bright app and can see the status of the meters, comms hub etc and sent EDF a screen shot but they were clueless. The gas meter shows as commissioned but the 'Gas Proxy' status is 'installed not commissioned'. No data is being sent to the DCC from the gas meter.

I know it can take a few weeks for a new supplier to update the meters but I'm concerned the gas proxy issue will be a problem for EON. I did send a message on twitter but they just said give it 8 weeks and ignored the gas proxy issue.

EON are taking monthly readings from my electricity smart meter (transferred from Symbio) but I did have to message via twitter to to get it updated after waiting several weeks.

I don't want to wait 8 weeks to find the gas meter doesn't function especially now the prices have increased so much.

Hope someone can help,
    Thank you.
    Last edited by StePhoto; 22-08-22 at 12:48. Reason: Removed photos
  • 5 Replies

Level 91
    as @StePhoto has been active in other threads on similar topics I think this thread is pretty much dead.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 1
    Hi.
    Moderator stated that this thread is “pretty much dead” - but I cant find any similar thread.
    Can someone guide me in the right direction???
    I have exactly the same issue .. Gas Proxy - Not commissioned. No readings for Gas usage on the IHD… Though EON state that they do get remote readings. This has been the case for over a year.
    Does anyone have a solution / advise ?
    EON support isn’t really helping apart from my requested reset from the DCC. Plus the Power off, place IHD near Comms hub, power back up.
    Seems this is the Gas solution equiv’ of the IT crowd power on power off! This has been the case from day 1… In the absence of any solution from EON I requested a new IHD to try, but they say as this unit is over a year old I need to pay for a new one ! Clever ploy by EON,,, string out the lack of a fix for over a year, then say you’re out of warranty.
    My investigation also came from installing the bright app.
    Thoughts anyone … all welcome
    Ian
    Last edited by IDH; 27-10-22 at 01:34.
    Level 91
    @IDH

No i'm not a moderator - its just that the question was old and not followed up. @StePhoto posted the answer here :

https://community.eonnext.com/thread...3565#post13565

Hope that helps.
    Level 1
    @IDH The thread that @meldrewreborn linked to shows my outcome.

But in short E.ON Next wanted to replace both meters. The engineer talked me out of it as in his experience it will cause more issues.

The engineer requested a comms hub reboot; this worked as the following day the bright app showed the gas proxy as commissioned. However my IHD (Trio Geo) was still awaiting data for gas.

I purchased an Ivie Bud and that worked without issue.

Also the gas smart meter has since updated to the current firmware; firmware updates aren't possible if the gas proxy isn't commissioned.

In the end a simple fix but EDF (they fitted the gas meter) and E.ON Next wanted to complicate the matter and wanted me to wait and wait, I would still be waiting following their advice.
    I even spoke to n3rgy data because they had no historical gas data and they explained it was because of the gas proxy issue. I told E.ON Next exactly what the issue was but no one seemed to understand.

Insist on a comms hub reboot via the DCC, EON have to request this. They will want to complicate matters and say they've pushed data to your meters etc and you'll have to wait another 6 months blah blah when clearly a reset would be the better option in your case.

Good luck!
    Level 91
    @StePhoto

As a non smart meter customer, I have no direct experience of them but your explanation makes perfect sense.