IHD has wrong supplier and wrong tariff

Level 5
    Hiya

Can anyone help me please? My in-home display has never updated from British Gas to EON Next despite being with EON for over a year and now being on my second tariff with them.
    My understanding from reading other threads is that I just need the tariff data settings pushed through from eon next, although I'm not sure if it should be that simple as I also need it to change supplier?

I've tried speaking to customer services via twitter since May, continually being told to turn it off and on again, with no offer of pushing through the tariff, was advised to buy a new IHD (which I haven't as it functions fine except for incorrect tariff and supplier) and have got absolutely nowhere.

Am I doomed to look at an incorrect display forever?

Thank you in advance, Bryony
  • 4 Replies

Level 43
    Hi @bryonyb
    @PeterT_EONNext should be able to force tariff updates through for you, I assume that eon-next are receiving readings from your meter(s) okay?

This is the problem with using social media as a form of contact, Customer Services either don't read what you've asked or they just fob the customer off with the easiest answer.
    Level 5
    Hi @Andy65

Thank you for coming back to me. Yes they've been taking my meter readings fine for about 8 months now - although that took its sweet time to sort out and email customer services fobbed me off for months on that one!

I had tried emailing this time too, but the reply I got back was to contact them on social media! Then typical, just as I've posted on here, they've replied (after trying to convince me that it isn't possible for it to work) that they've finally pushed the settings and to wait until after midnight (unless that was you somehow @PeterT_EONNext - in which case thank you!). So if I have no luck by the morning after the usual switch off and on, I'll be back for more help!

Thank you again!
    Community Team
    Hi @bryonyb

I'm sorry to hear of all the trouble you've had! I can see that one of my colleagues who you spoke to over social media has sent the correct tariff update out to your meters, you shouldn't need to restart the in home display and the prices should just show correctly from tomorrow.

Do keep up updated though!

Pete 😊
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 5
    Hiya @PeterT_EONNext

Yes all working on the right tariff now. Thank you for checking in on it that they'd done the right thing also.

Oddly the contact details on the IHD still point to my old supplier - but I'm just pleased to have the tariff update! Now I can prove to my other half that boiling the kettle, forgetting and reboiling really is the worst way to make a cup of tea! 🤣

Thanks again!