Net Electricity Tariff now Less Than Expected on Bill!

Level 8
    I have now received my electricity bill which shows the charge for one day on 1st Oct billed including the energy price guarantee.

On the bill, my Next Flex tariff increased from 25.8p per kWh to 47.7p per kWh making a net charge of 30.7p per kWh after the 17p discount shown on the bill for the energy price guarantee. This is less than the net charge of 34p per kWh I expected.

My online account shows a different tariff of 50.09p per kWh which would make a net charge of 33.09p per kWh. I'm hoping the tariff on the bill is correct and the higher tariff shown online is wrong.

I'm unsure what this EON Next statement means:

Fixed Direct Debit customers will receive the money automatically as a deduction to their monthly Direct Debit.

My direct debit has indeed been reduced but I was also expecting to receive a monthly credit of £66 or £67 into my account for 6 months with the DD being reduced as a consequence.
    Last edited by sc489; 03-10-22 at 05:47.
  • 1 Reply

Level 91
    @sc489

I not sure exactly what your bill is saying. If you are on the SVT Next Flex then your tariff should be more like 34p for electricity.

The rates in your online account are wrong and are in the process of being updated.

You get a reduction of £66/67 on your monthly DD for the next six months and the government will pay that same monthly amount to your account so that effectively the same amount will be credited to your account as it was originally.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.